Chapter 64

A Baby Mockingjay 64

Chapter 64

•Naomi's POV•

I watch the TV as Willow falls asleep in my arms, tears falling down her face. Gale and I have been trying so hard to tell her everything will be alright, but she misses them to much to understand. She would pat my big belly every morning and giggle before asking, "When will mommy and daddy be home?" I never knew how to respond so I just would say soon. I was taking her and Jack to my ultrasound early in the morning tomorrow before the broadcast of the games begin.

"Naomi?" Willows little voice says. I look at her and smile, "Yes Willow?"

"Is my mommy sick?" Willow says pointing at the screen. I look up at the TV screen just as Buttercup jumps in the way.

"Move you stupid cat!" I yell, throwing an empty soup can at him, he hisses before running off. We have been staying at Katniss and Peeta's house because Willow refuses to leave. I look at Katniss on the screen, her face was so very pale, the only evidence of her still living was her chest that showed she was breathing as it raised up and down.

"I don't know Willow." I tell her as the front door swings open and two peace keepers burst in, Gale behind them, trying to hold them back. I quickly stand up and hold Willow behind me, she hugs my leg and her blue bunny stuffed animal in her arms.

"Can we help you?" I say kindly.

"Is that your daughter?" One demands, signaling to Willow.

"No, I have been put in charge of her though." I tell them.

"She's coming with us."