Chapter 35

A Baby Mockingjay 35

Chapter 35

I've been showing Cypress to shoot arrows in exchange for her showing me how to throw knives.

"Keep only two fingers on the string." I instruct. She nods and smiles before aiming and releasing. She's getting pretty good.

"Thanks for showing me" Cypress smiles. I nod and send her a smile. "Let me see you shoot." She says handing me the bow. I swallow and take the bow. I ask the instructor at the station for something hard. He just nods. I step back and load the bow. I draw it back preparing for what he does. He begins throwing stuffed birds in the air, I shot at them, watching them fall with a thud. It takes me a while before I notice all I can her is the thud of the stuffed birds hitting the ground. Everyone was staring at me, including the game makers and Cypress. I catch Peeta smiling at me. I wonder who the new head game maker is, probably some Capitol freak thirsty for blood.

I walk over to Cypress and we both break out laughing after everyone goes back to what they were going. She seemed only about 13, and now sent to fight for her life.

"Lunch!" Someone yells. I walk with Cypress over to the table that is filled with food, Peeta meets up with us at the table sitting next to me. I want to ask Cypress to be allies, but I know I'm with Peeta and I would have to talk to him, but today is the last day of training before interviews and our private session.

After lunch we are swept away back to our floors. We got the rest off the day off to do as we please. I spend time hanging around Peeta on the toof. We played pass with a tennis ball and the force field. Tomorrow was the tribute interviews, I can't say that I'm looking forward to them.

"What do you think Dayo has for the interviews?" I ask, I was laying on Peeta's lap while he strokes my hair.

"Probably something that will ignite in fire." Peeta chuckles. I laugh lightly and continue to stare at nothing.

"Why do we have to do this? Why couldn't they had thought of something nicer?" I ask. I get no reply. We sit quietly for a while. I was lost in thought. What would happen to Willow if Peeta an I don't make it out? She would have to grow up with Gale and Naomi and Jake along with their new baby that is on the way.

I look at Peeta who was smiling but he frowns. Was I frowning?

"Katniss everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, just thinking of Willow." I tell him. He nods and gives me a smile before planting a soft kiss in my forehead. We sit quietly enjoying each others company till Effie comes up and sends us to bed.