Chapter 57

A Baby Mockingjay 57

Chapter 57

When I wake up its dark out, how long was I asleep? I look at Peeta, who holds me in his protective arms even while he is asleep. We were in a cave, outside there was a river, I hear the sound of rushing water from above me. I slowly crawl from Peeta's arms and to the mouth of the cave. I look down and notice we are about 8 feet off the ground. How did we get up here? I begin to peak my head out more when an excruciating pain goes through my stomach. I roll onto my back and scream. Peeta and Cypress quickly wake up.

"Katniss!" Peeta exclaims.

"My stomach!" I exclaim. Cypress begins to take off the rap but then gasps.

"It's infected." Cypress says.

"No." Peeta says under his breath. I was sobbing, I guess I hit my stomach on a rock, I try and move but it hurts.

"Peeta go lay her down on the blanket." Cypress commands. He lifts me up and brings me over to the blanket.

Cypress begins to poor water on the cut, I grit my teeth.

"She needs medicine." Cypress says.

"We don't have any." Peeta says with a frown.

"Katniss, eat some of the dried fruit." Cypress tells me. I shake my head. I not hungry, I don't want to be forced to be eat.

"Katniss you need to eat something." Peeta tells me. I shake me head no.

"Please." Peeta begs. I just shake my head again before closing my eyes.