Chapter 53

A Baby Mockingjay 53

Chapter 53
•Katniss' POV•

"Katniss!" I hear Peeta and Cypress yell. I'm about to call back but nothing comes out of my mouth.

"Katniss!" Peeta exclaims sliding on his knees so he sits next to me.

"No no no!" He exclaims when he sees my stomach. I was crying and just wanted Peeta to stay with me. He takes hold of my hand as I begin to sob louder.

"P-Peeta, it hurts." I cough.

"Hey, sh... Everything will be alright." He says, he lifts up my shirt and looks like he's about to cry.

"Peeta is she okay!" Cypress exclaims, running over to us.

"They got her." Peeta says through tears.

Cypress looks at my stomach before saying, "She'll be okay." She digs through a pack before pulling out a roll of stuff to wrap a wound.

"Peeta hold her up a bit." Cypress commands. He lifts me up off the ground, I hold back a scream. Cypress lifts my shirt a bit, revealing the long bleeding cut. She takes some cloth then gets it wet with snow before wiping up my cut, I clench my teeth, holding back a yelp of pain. She begins to wrap my stomach. When she's done, Peeta stands up and holds me bridal style.

"Come on, we need to find a place to set up camp, Katniss need to rest, it'll help her heal." Cypress says. We wander around, Peeta holding me in his arms, but not finding anything.