Chapter 5

Chapter 5

•Katniss's POV•

I hear Willows cries that call me from my sleep. I'm about to get up to calm her when Peeta pulls me down.

"I'll get her." He says leaving before I can object. I yawn and am about to go back to sleep when I see the white envelope that Gale had given to me is now on my night stand. I have it in my hands about to rip it open when Peeta walks in with a happy looking Willow. I smile and set the envelope down and look at Willow as Peeta sits down next to me in bed.

"Hey Will!" I say in a baby voice, making a nickname up for her. Peeta chuckles as she slaps her tiny hand on my cheek. I smile. She was adorable. She was wearing little footy pajamas that had circles if every colour on it. I turn to grab the envelope again to see what's in it when the phone goes off. I grab it being the closest.

"Hello?" I say slowly.

"Katniss!" The Capitol voice squeaks. Defiantly Effie.

"Um, hi." I say as Willow slaps her hand on my cheek again making me laugh. I smile at her.

"We have a surprise!" Effie squeaks.

"Um, who's we?" I ask.

"Your prep teams, Plutarch, and I!" She pipes.

"Okay, so what's the surprise?" I ask.

"We are coming to visit!" She says exited before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Peeta asks.

"Effie, she's coming to visit." I say un-excitedly as I begin to open the envelope.

"What's in the envelope?" Peeta asks. I read through the card.

"Gale's getting married."