Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"Katniss I'm so sorry!" Peeta exclaims.

"Peeta, it's okay, I'll be fine!" I try and tell him.

"Katniss, we're going back into the games and I got you pregnant!" Peeta exclaims.

"Should I get Haymitch?" Dayo asks.

"No." I say at the same time as Peeta say "Yes."

"Yes." I say. Dayo nods and walks off. I sit in Peeta's arms as he rocks me back and forth slowly.

"Katniss!" Haymitch yells stomping into the room. I flinch, and nestle into Peeta chest.

"You idiots!" Haymitch yells. "Your going back into the games! What the hell were you thinking!"
I avoid his glare, I don't know what to do.

"Haymitch, just don't tell anyone." Dayo steps in.

"What ever." Haymitch growls before stomping off. I hold onto Peeta, I have a smile across my face.

"Katniss, I'm sorry." Says Peeta.

"Peeta, I'm happy!" I say pulling away, showing the huge smile that goes across my face.

"Katniss, I got you pregnant and we are going back into the games!" Peeta exclaims.

"I thought you wanted kids?"

"I do, just I don't want you or them to get hurt in the games." Peeta says touching my stomach. I frown and look down at my hand.

"Katniss," He says lifting my chin.

"I love you, I just don't want you getting hurt." Peeta tells me. I nod and dizzily walk back to bed.

•Peeta's POV•

"Up, U-" Effie exclaims from the door way.

"Effie! Shh!" I exclaim, pointing to Katniss who was curled up at my chest.

"But we need to prepare for the parade!" Effie exclaims.

"Effie, she just found out she's pregnant. Let her be for a bit." Dayo says. Effie frowns and walks off.

"Thanks Dayo." I smile. He nods and smiles before walking off. I look at Katniss and smile, but then frown when I think that I may never see Willow again, or never be able to meet my second child. Katniss will make it through, even if it means my death.