Chapter 37

Chapter 37

The crowd gasps.

"Your daughter?!" Caesar exclaims, his eye brows raised.

"Yes, her names Willow." I tell him.

"How old is she?" Caesar asks.

"Five."

"Okay. So what has happened to your flames, Girl on Fire? They were here in the opening ceremony's, what happened to them?" Caesar asks. I find Dayo in the crowd, he never told me anything. He makes a spinning rotation with his finger, telling me to spin.

"They are here, in fact, they're with me now. Would you like to see?" I ask. The crowd cheers. I look at Caesar and he gives me a thumbs up. I stand up and begin spinning. I can hear the snapping of fire and the crowd gasping and cheering. I look down and see fire burning up me. I see a black fluff covering where it burns. It stops and turns to sparks and jump off and disappears when it reaches close to the low cut back. I look down to see black feathers covering me. I find my way to my seat and sit down.

"Oh my that was pretty amazing!" Caesar exclaims. I laugh and nod. I was dizzy.

"The world is spinning!" I say weirdly. The crowd laughs and the buzzer rings.

"Lady's and gentleman the amazing Katniss Mellark!" Caesar exclaims, helping me to my feet and holding my hand high. The crowd cheers and whistles while I walk off the stage. I off the stage and right into Peeta's arms. He kisses me before walking onto the stage. I notice the camera that had been on us when we had kissed. My cheeks blush bright red.

"Peeta, how are you and Katniss?" Caesar asks.

"Amazing." Says Peeta.

"What has been the highlight of your marriage?" Caesar asks.

"Finding out about our first child." Peeta says.

"Is there more than one?" Caesar asks.

"No, just Willow." Peeta tells him. Thank god he didn't tell them about the abortion. I fall back into a chair and let out a breath. I catch Bolt and Slate both glaring at me, they were both strong careers. Bolt is from District 3, Slate is from District 2. I look away from them, knowing their faces will probably be the face of my death, the face the revokes me from ever seeing my daughter again.

"Katniss?" A voice calls me from my thoughts. I look up to see the girl with the long blond wavy hair looking at me. Diamond.

"Yes?" I say looking at here.

"Being you have won the hunger games twice already," she begins. God I know where this is going. "We were wondering if you and lover boy would join the careers." Did she say Lover Boy?

"Sorry but no, I actually plan on getting back to my daughter." The words fall out before I stop them, this is gonna win me a one way ticket to hell. Anger fills Diamonds face, I watch as Bolt and Slate walk up next to Diamond.

"Come on Katniss!" Bolt exclaims. He seemed in his twenty's.

"I said no." I tell them.

"Katniss, we can help you get back to Pillow." Slate cuts in.

"It's Willow. And I said no! Peeta would agree." I say, trying to defend myself.

"Kat-" Diamon begins.

"Get out of here." A voice growls from behind me. I tilt my head back to see Peeta, he looked mad that they were here.

"Peeta, we just thought-" Bolt begins.

"Get away from my wife." He growls.

"Pee-" Peeta steps forward so he's right in front of Bolt. He was a bit taler than him.

"I said leave her alone." He growls. Bolt steps back, hands up in defense. Why were they acting so scared just about District 12 tributes?

"You okay?" Peeta turns to me. I nod. They were trying to lure us into their death trap.

"They want us dead." I frown.

"Katniss, I'm going to make sure you get out alive."