Chapter 106

A Baby Mockingjay 106

Chapter 106

•Katniss' POV•

I wanted to get off the bed so Waverley didn't have to push extra weight, there's nothing wrong with me, but Peeta wouldn't let me up, he kept his arm around me, but when we make it to the safe room I climb off the bed, Peeta grabs my hand and looks at me confused.

"I'm going to find Willow." I tell him. He just nods and I walk off. I call her name as more beds are rolled in. I see Gale, Naomi, and Jake walking toward the room.

"Naomi, Gale!" I exclaim, running towards them.

"Katniss what's wrong?" Naomi asks.

"Have you seen Willow?" I ask.

"No." Gale shakes his head. I just nod and walk off, searching for my daughter.

"Willow?!" I call.

"Katniss are you okay?" Waverley asks as she walks up to me, her lavender eyes very visible.

"I'm just looking for my daughter." I tell her.

"What does she look like? I can look for here." Waverley asks.

"She's five, has blue eyes, and dark long wavy hair, her names Willow." I tell her.

"Thanks, I'll look for her with you." Waverley smiles. I just nod and begin to look for Willow again.

"Willow!" I call but I get no reply.

"Katniss." I hear someone call, I turn towards the voice and see Waverley walking towards me, she was carrying a little girl in her arms who was asleep.

"I found her." Waverley smiles, I take the little girl from her arms and she wraps her arms around my neck. I carry Willow back to Peeta and lay her in the bed next to her father, I smile and walk off to find Naomi, she's standing up by the wall as if she's waiting of something or someone. Gale and Jake aren't there, maybe she's waiting for them.

"Hey Naomi." I smile as I walk over, she just smiles back.

"Did you find Willow?" She asks, I nod, "She's with Peeta."

"Katniss, I'm really sorry that they took Willow and sent her into the games. They were going to kill Gale and James if I didn't let them take her." Naomi says, I can see the sadness in her eyes. There was barley any light in the safe room, but just enough to see where your going and what's going on. A group of medics come down, wheeling a table of medicine, behind it, 5 that are full of food. How long are we going to be stuck down here? I look back to Naomi, her face pale.

"Naomi, what's going on?" I ask, looking her in the eye.

"M-my water broke."