Chapter 61

A Baby Mockingjay 61

Chapter 61

"Katniss! Katniss wake up!" A voice calls me awake. I open my eyes, I'm still laying by the river but Peeta was here now. He had something in his hand.

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"Three days." He tells me. I frown. "What did I miss?"

"The rest of 7, 8, and 9. The careers were on a killing rage."

"How many people are left?" I ask.

"15 are left."

"The days are going so fast." I frown, we could be next.

"We need to wash your cut." Peeta tells me. I groan and look down at my stomach, I was now one month pregnant and it was starting to show. I let out a sigh and lay my head back on the ground. The cut hurt badly. I look at Peeta, he has a cut on his arm.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing, I'm fine." He says pulling me towards him.

"What's in the jar?" I ask.

"Medicine." He says.

"How did you get it!" I exclaim.

"I stole from the careers yesterday for you before I found you." He tells me.

"Thank you." I say with a smile. He opens the jar and dips his finger in it. He pulls out a small pill. He hands me a canteen of water and a pill. I try and sit up but gasp. He lifts me from under my arms and leans me on some rocks.

"What's wrong?" Peeta asks. I wasn't looking at him, I'm looking around me. I wasn't at the same place as when I passed out. I lift my hand to my hair, it was soaked.

"I didn't pass out here, I did in front of the cave." I tell him. He looks at me, his eye brows pushed together.

"I found you in the river, I thought you were dead." He says with a frown. I look down, avoiding his gaze and nod. He gives me the medicine which I swallow before he pulls another container from his jacket pocket.

"Where's my bow?" I ask, looking around. "Right here." He says patting the snowless ground next to him. The snows gone! The ground was nice and green, grass everywhere, except we were on rocks. Peeta lifts up my shirt revealing my pregnant belly and the horrible looking cut. Is it effecting the baby? Will it? I beg it doesn't. He dips his fingers in a container that seems to have came from a parachute, there was a clear cream on his two fingers as he begins to smear it on the cut in my skin I let out a sigh of relief, almost every feeling of pain felt like it was disappearing.

"You need that too." I say, signaling to his arm.

"Katniss I'm fine." He reassures me. I shake my head and dip my two fingers in the cream and begin to smear it on his arm. He lets out a sigh and smiles at me.

"What were the pills for?" I ask.

"The pain." He tells me. I nod and try and stand but I feel so waterlogged and just plop back down on the ground. I feel a pang in my stomach, a slight grin creeps onto my face.

"What is it?" Peeta asks curiously.

"Think he kicked." I smile looking down at my belly. Peeta smile as me before placing a kiss right above my belly button. I giggle and take hold of his hand. We may be in the games but we are still a perfect family, Peeta, Willow, baby Mellark and I.