Ch. 12 - Fighting again

There were 8 teams that passed the exam. Our, team 7. Then there was team 8, team 10, team Guy, Gaara's team, Kabuto's team, the Sound genin and three Rain genins. We were currently standing in the fighting arena and listening to the Hokage and then to Hayate Gekko that was in charge now. Apparently 8 teams was a big number so there will be a series of matches between us to reduce the number of the genins. It was pretty simple. The one that loosed was out, the one that winned passed. And now also wasn't important for all the people from a team to pass so Kabuto was easily able to drop out to leave the other two still in the game.  

Before the fighting started they led us to different places where we were able to watch. I was sitting at the end of a line of banches, next to Sasuke that came back today, looking as annoying as ever, Naruto and Sakura.  

Then a machine on the wall started choosing the people that were fighting with eachother randomly. I wasn't really watching the matches or paying attention to what was happening around me. Naruto and Sasuke were just having one of their arguments and Sakura was of course on Sasuke's side.  

I was thinking about what happened two nights ago when Sasuke suddenly bumped in to me with his back, making us both fall. I was laying on my stomach while he was carelessly sitting on my back.  

'' Get of me! '' I hissed, narrowing my eyes.  

A smirk appeared on her face. '' What's the magic word? ''  

'' GET OF ME YOU STUPID UCHIHA BEFORE I KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS! '' I yelled, ignoring the fact that everyone in the arena heared me and turned in our direction with surprise.  

'' Great job! '' Sakura yelled and frowned with anger. She kicked me, making me roll over and grab my stomach with pain. At least Sasuke moved from my back. '' Now everyone is staring at us. ''  

'' Hey, it isn't just my fault! '' I snapped.  

Suddenly she asked: '' Hey, where were you two nights ago? You came back really late? ''  

'' Ha? '' I had to admit that she caught me unprepaired. I frowned and started looking around, trying to come up with excuse. I didn't really feel like telling my friends that I was with Gaara, because I knew that they didn't really like him. I grabbed Aoi-chan that was on my head and pointed at her. '' I was getting hazelnuts for Aoi-chan, '' I cheerfully said.  

'' I already wanted to ask why is there a squirrel on your head... ''  

'' Hey, if Kiba has a dog, I can have a squirrel! '' I hissed. '' It's just as cool. ''  

Naruto shook his head. '' No it isn't. ''  

I turned at him with an angry expression. '' Who's side are you on?! ''  

'' Yours of course, Misaki-chan, but the squirrel really isn't cool. ''  

I hugged Aoi-chan with tears in my eyes. '' They don't like you, Aoi-chan. '' I shot an angry glare in their direction. '' Monsters. ''  

That was when the machine on the wall chose Sasuke to fight. He looked at it and then back at us.  

'' Good luck, Sasuke-kun! '' Sakura said with a grin on her face. '' You are going to win! '' She quickly warned him not to use the chakra of the cursed seal again. 

Naruto nodded, smiling at him. '' You'll kick his ass. ''  

I looked from my emo corner for a second. '' Yeah, you'll be fine. '' Then I began sulking again and murmuring: '' They don't like you, Aoi-chan... ''

***

Different matches were already over. Sasuke of course won. Sakura was against Ino and they both lost... The two Hyuugas, Neji and Hinata went against eachother and Hinata lost. Both, Gaara's brother and sister won their fights.