Stupidity

Camila ~
I walked into the godforsaken apartment. I placed my purse onto the counter as the door closed behind me. Shuffling could be heard from the bedroom as Shawn emerged from the room.
His eyes drowned in tears as he attempted to wipe them away. As soon as he and I locked eyes, we both froze. What were we supposed to do?
Without saying a word, I took a seat on one of the many stools next to our counter top.
"Camila......" Shawn slowly walked over to me, not knowing if he should hug me or just leave.
"Shawn," I took a deep breath," I figured it would be best to talk this out in person. However, I'm letting you know now that this is the last time we talk about this. After this, I'll make my decision on whatever. Okay?"
He nodded his head and sat on the stool next to mine.
"Shawn," I held onto his hand, unsure if this is really what I should do," why did you do it?"
"I...I don't know why I did it." He stuttered on his words.
"You do know why. There's always a reason. Why, Shawn, why?"
"Camila, I guess I did it...because... I just wanted to know what it was like..."
"Wh-what sex?"
"Yeah... I ended up cheating on you without even realizing it."
"How did you not realize that you were cheating?!"
"I just thought of you when I ... You know..."
I rested my head in one hand as the other was still locked with Shawn's.
"What did she offer that I couldn't? Huh?"
"I...I..."
"Was she your first time?"
Shawn was silent for a moment as he shook his head.
"Shawn," I teared up over something as stupid as sex," I wanted you to be my first and I wanted it to be special, but now it won't ever be special. You threw away your virginity to some whore that you'll never see again."
"Camila, I know, and I'm so sorry for making this stupid mistake."
"No, Shawn, I think the mistake was me trusting you."
I let go of his hand and buried my face in mine.