Chapter 28: Aliyah

I was sitting on the lounge watching tv with my siblings when I heard a knock on the door. I raced to the front door hoping to see Nate but was disappointed when I saw that it was just his Mum.
"Can I help you?"
"No but I can help you."
Nate's Mum handed me a thick and heavy envelope.
"What is this?"
"Open it."
I opened the envelope to see that I was full of hundred dollar notes and a couple of other smaller notes.
"What's it for?"
She looked down at my stomach and spoke.
"To take care of your problem, well problems."
"You want me to get rid of them?"
"No I want you to take care of them yourself and leave my son out of it."
I handed the envelope back to her but she rejected it.
"I love Nate I'm not gonna do that."
"If you really love him you'll let him have a future and not tie him down."
"This is what he wants he told me himself."
"Please no guy wants to have a baby at this age he would rather be out with friends."
I placed my hand on my stomach as a tear began to fall down my face.
"Think about it."
Nate's Mum left and I closed the door to see Nyla standing behind me.
"Are you ok Ali?"
I used my arm to wipe away my tears.
"Yeah I'm fine lets get back to our movie."
I threw the envelope onto the table and sat back down. She has no right to tell me what to do I don't need to listen to anything she says. I then began to have second thoughts maybe she was right Nate's a teenage guy why would he want to be tied down by a responsibility like that he would be a fool to.