chapter 41

Willow took each step one at a time slowly down the stairway that lead out of Hogwarts. She sighed wrapping her arms tightly around her listening to her bag sling against her hip.
"Wait,wait,hold up wills!"
Willow turned and saw james and sirus racing down from the seventh floor. Their feet pounded against the stairway as willow smiled waiting patiently. She tucked the letter Lilly had given her in her bag and james ran up to her engulfing her in a huge hug."Thought you could leave without saying goodbye,eh?"
Willow grinned punching James's arm."Wouldn't dream it ." willow laughed.
James smiled glancing at sirus." I'll catch you later Wills. James said walking up the stairs. Sirius stared at Wills. Sirius begin to open his mouth to say something instead of saying something he just hugged her. They were silent for a moment in a tight embrace. "I wish you the best of luck willie." Sirus said pulling back from willow."I'll miss you ." he said.
Willow nodded looking at her shoes."I will too ." She said quietly.
Willow looked up just as Sirus moved toward her . he slammed his lips against her and they stayed that way for a second before the boy pulled away fighting to keep a strong voice."I will see you next Christmas Willie."
Willow nodded and turned walking down the stairs."Dont forget to write."He called after her. Willow looked back at him smiling."I won't ,take care of evreyone,will ya?"
Sirus nodded."I will."
"Promise?"willow asked.
Sirus nodded."I promise."
With that willow left for Merlin. Sirus watched her leave from the stairs until she was no longer in view. Before Willow boarded the carriage she pulled out and read Lilly's letter.

Dear willow,
I know your not coming back.I swear not to tell a soul....its not my place.I am sadly aware that you never  make it past next year.Tell Sirus is what I strongly recommend.You are my greatest friend.I know that I said goodbye already.But I flet I needed to say more than hug you and wish you well.I overheard you in your sleep about a girl named Sirus.Who was she.
I know most likely you won't write back but I had to get these things off my chest.I love you dearly.I will do everything to ensure you live.I will not let you die.
-Lilly
Willow wiped away sad tears.Lilly was right she wouldn't write back she just...Couldn't.

Willow boarded the Carriage and a man with a long blue pointed hat and dark blue and white robes joined her. Willow nodded curtly."Merlin." The man looked up at her smiling. He was an old man,centuries old. His hair was a washed out white that trailed down to the center of his back. And he had a short beard that didn't pass his chin."How have you been ,young one? He asked adjusting his robes. Willow nodded."Its worse,the dreams ,more real ,I fear that they are no longer indicators of what happened but ,they are the future."
Merlin sighed pulling a journal out of his robes and scribbling something down."We have much work to be done ." He said matter-of-factly.