Chapter 29

Splinter's POV

I was fighting Shredder. While he was trying to defeat me, I was trying to hold him back so that Leonardo could fight the others then free his brothers!

Every so often I'd look over to make sure that he was doing alright. I saw that Leonardo was slowly starting to defeat the foot!

Shredder would strike his blade at me. I'd avoid it, then make my move. It pretty much went this way the entire time. Sometimes one of us would knock the other one down but that's pretty much summons up our fight!

I looked over and saw that it was down to Leonardo and Tiger Claw. I didn't get to watch much of their fight because I had to worry about my own.

I looked over and saw Tiger Claw but not Leonardo! I wasn't too worried, I'd just keep an eye on it.

As I swung my sword at Shredder, he ducked and rolled out of the way. Next I went to attack him again by kicking him!

Shredder blocked my kick and did the next attack. When he went to punch me, I lost balance and fell. I quickly got back up to continue to fight.

I looked over to check on Leonardo. I noticed that he was back and had taken down Tiger Claw! All that he had to do was free the others while I distracted Shredder.

We continued to fight. I half payed attention to the fight while the other half of my attention was on Leonardo. I saw him go into a closet where I assume the rest of my sons are in.

Shredder swung his blades at me. I ducked them. He tried to punch me but I grabbed his fist and flipped him to the ground. It was perfect timing, because all four of the turtles came running out!

I joined them as Shredder was on the ground. As he noticed us leaving, he started to chase after us!

"This way!" I said as I turned right.

The turtles followed close behind me. They didn't want to get separated again.

We managed to outrun Shredder out of the building. The problem was that he started to follow us outside too! We did have a head start, but we didn't want him to catch up to us. There's a chance that he could find our lair!

Donnie's POV

We all followed sensei as he lead us back to the lair. Having Shredder follow us was nerve racking! The last thing we need is for Shredder to find our lair!

We approached a manhole cover. Shredder already knows that the lair is in the sewers, so we went down there anyways.

We took a left, right, left, left again, and another right! We hoped that we had lost Shredder by now, but sadly we haven't.

We needed a better plan than this. That's why Splinter suggested something. I wasn't too happy with one part of the plan, but it probably was going to work!

"We'll split up into two groups. "Leonardo, Donatello and Raphael will be one of them. Michelangelo and I will be the other one," Splinter started to explain.

"Shredder will follow one of the groups. Whichever one he doesn't, that group goes back to the lair while the other group tried to loose him. If one group runs into any troubles, you'll contact the other group. Everyone understand?" Splinter asked.

The four of us shook our heads.

"Then we'll separate now!" Splinter said as his group turned right and our group left.

Were just about to find out who's group Shredder's gonna follow. Whoever he follows, I just hope he doesn't catch up!

Sorry for the short chapter. It's getting near the end of this book and this one just ended up to be short. Stick around for the next chapter next week! Until then, have a good morning/afternoon/night!