one ; demons dig blondes

CHAPTER ONE: DEMONS DIG BLONDES

They were staring at each other, neither of them having blinked in what felt like forever ago

They were staring at each other, neither of them having blinked in what felt like forever ago. The corners of Margo's mouth turned up as she saw water welling up in Alec's eyes. She smirked, already tasting victory. He was strong though, and his determination helped him last longer in the staring contest. In fact, it helped him last two seconds more than Margo.

She suddenly felt something in her eye and blinked on instinct to rid herself of the irritation. "Hah!" Alec announced, pointing at her. "You blinked!"

"Did not!" The girl denied, feeling Alec do a small victory dance in the form of drumming his fingers on her legs, which rested on his lap. The two were sat on the couch, relaxing before the mission began, when their eyes met and they were suddenly caught in an unspoken contest.

"Admit it. I won." She shook her head. "Margo," he warned, raising an eyebrow at her, his eyes dancing with mischief. "Mango. Admit it."

He liked to call her Mango sometimes. It was a cute nickname.

"No!" she yelped as Alec's hands found their way to her stomach, lightly tickling her as a warning.

"Margo."

"Alec," she mocked, imitating the expression on his face. Margo knew she was treading on thin ice but she lived dangerously around Alec Lightwood. She didn't know why; it sort of just happened.

He brought out her wild side and she couldn't get enough.

Alec couldn't get enough either. He loved when her eyes squinted, the precious giggles came out of her mouth, and she held her stomach because she laughed too hard.

He wanted to emit such actions from her so he continued with his actions and smoothly dug his fingers into her side, forcing a giggle out of her. Oh, how he loved the sound; it was music to his ears.

Through her laughter, she tried to push Alec's hands away. Her legs kicked out, in an attempt to stop Alec, but he went on, dodging her blows until she couldn't take it anymore.

She cried out, yelling, "Okay! You won!" Then his long, slightly calloused hands stopped tickling her. In the process of being tickled, she had slipped down, her knees resting beside Alec as her legs dangled off the couch.

Alec was leaning on his elbow, trapping Margo between his body and the couch. He noticed how close the two were but before he could even get a word out, his younger sister was entering the room, calling out to the girl underneath him.