four; risk

She had left the Institute, been missing for a few hours now

She had left the Institute, been missing for a few hours now. Clary's mother was the one who told Margo. And, whilst Izzy and Alec were off on the mission Lydia had briefed earlier on in the day, Margo helped in the search for Clary.

She knew the redhead didn't want to be found and although she more than respected her friend's wishes, it was quite hard to disobey the Institute once more. Margo felt as though she'd gotten away with a lot in the past few months and figured she may as well give the leaders of the New York Institute a break from chasing her down and then reprimanding her. She thought Clary's best friend may have some answers so without a second thought, she made her way over to the Hotel DuMort to pay Simon a visit.

Upon arrival, Margo found herself surrounded by vampires, all staring at her with a specific hunger in their eyes. "Can we help you, princess?" a short, white-haired one asked.

"Yowza," Margo mumbled, "maybe I can help ya to a hair salon."

This seemed to rile the vampire up more as she emanated rage. "What did you just say?"

"Easy, Killer Frost. I'm not trying to start anything," Margo stated, putting her hands up in defense.

Another voice cut through the chatter, one Margo recognized all too well. "That's enough, Sophia."

All the vampires soon dispersed all that was left was one Raphael Santiago. "Hey, handsome," Margo greeted.

"What can I do for you, Margo?" he asked, a soft smile on his face.

"I'm looking for Simon, actually. Seems like we've got a lost redhead on our hands," Margo sighed.

Raphael shrugged. "I'd love to help but Simon isn't here. Last I heard he was looking for Magnus Bane."

"The warlock?" Margo asked, to which Raphael nodded. She found it hard to believe why Simon would single out Magnus for anything, to be honest. She couldn't relate the two if she tried. "Well, thanks anyway," she offered him a smile. A short silence passed between the two. "I haven't seen you in a while... you look good."

"You don't need to charm me with niceties, amor, we're okay."

"Really?" Raphael nodded. "That's wonderful to hear." It felt as if a weight had been lifted form her shoulders as he spoke those words. The last time Margo had seen Raphael, she had left with a stinging feeling in her chest, as if things between them would never be the same.

Granted, she had Alec now - officially and finally - and he was all she had wanted since she was thirteen. He was wonderful to her and even though right now, he wasn't the most supportive or even easy to talk to, Margo still loved him. Still, the thought of what could have been lingered in her mind; her unwritten parallel life future with Raphael. All the "what if's" caught up to her in moments like these and Margo had to take a deep breath and let it go or else she'd overthink it in the crazy Margo way she did most things.