four ; warlock hunting

CHAPTER FOUR: WARLOCK HUNTING

A half hour later, Margo emerged from her bathroom, wearing a simple white t-shirt and a pair of dark jeans with tan boots to match

A half hour later, Margo emerged from her bathroom, wearing a simple white t-shirt and a pair of dark jeans with tan boots to match. She allowed her hair to air dry in its natural, curly state. When she heard voices from Isabelle's room, she acknowledged two things. The first was that she was very anti-social. Practically no one ever came into her room whilst Isabelle had multiple visitors in one day. Second, Clary was back. It was her voice Margo heard alongside Isabelle's.

She walked into her parabatai's room, eyeing Clary as she stared in the mirror, wearing one of Isabelle's tops.

"This is the least revealing thing you have?" the redhead asked Isabelle as she fixed her hair. Margo took a seat on Isabelle's bed, letting her best friend plop down beside her and pull her into her side.

Margo replied to Clary's question. "Clary, that's pretty modest for Isabelle. Besides, all the naughty bits are covered."

Isabelle raised an eyebrow. "A little too much, in my opinion."

Clary sighed, turning away from the mirror and walking to rest against a pillar in Isabelle's room. "Where's Simon?" She covered her arms over her chest. Whether it was to look intimidating or because she felt uncomfortable in the top, Margo couldn't tell.

"Who?" When Clary glared at Isabelle, she dropped the act. "Kidding. He's in good hands with the boys."

As Margo leaned on her elbow, Clary continued. "So, um... you, Margo, Alec and Jace are... what, like a family?"

Isabelle chuckled, meeting eyes with Margo. "Translation: you want to know if either of us have a thing with Jace."

"Why would I care?"

"Because you do," Margo spoke up, joining the conversation. "Don't worry. In every way, he's like our brother."

Isabelle smirked, nudging Margo. "Besides, have you seen the way my brother and Margo look at each other? They're practically undressing each other with their eyes every time they're in a room together."

"We do not!" Margo denied. "... most of the time." Izzy snickered. "Isabelle, Clary doesn't know us. Would you please stop making Alec and I look like crazy nymphomaniacs in front of her?"

Izzy rolled her eyes, turning back to Clary. "Our parents took Jace in when he was ten. We trained together. Learned to fight side by side."

"What about you, Margo?"

"I showed up here when I was thirteen. Couldn't remember a damn thing. And, I guess I've just been here ever since."

Clary sighed, avoiding eye-contact with the two Shadowhunters. "A few days ago, all I had to worry about was getting into art school." She inhaled. "And now..."