eight ; ready to rave

CHAPTER EIGHT: READY TO RAVE

The five Shadowhunters gathered around a large table at the center of HQ as Hodge stood in front of them, pulling up any and all information on Magnus Bane on the big screen

Margo leaned against a support pillar whilst Alec and Jace both took seats and Izzy and Clary leaned against the table.

"Magnus Bane," Hodge started, running through some pictures of him. "He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shielding away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite and quite excessive."

Clary snorted, crossing her arms. "He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta."

Isabelle smirked, catching Margo's eye before turning to her new redhead friend. "Guetta's already a Downworlder."

"Vampire," Margo cleared up, causing Clary to turn and face her.

"Ever seen him in the daylight?" Izzy rhetorically asked.

Alec rolled his eyes at the girls. "Can you three focus? This is not a joke."

Isabelle's brows furrowed, as did Margo's, when the two glanced down at the older Lightwood. "Someone needs to get slayed," Izzy muttered playfully, winking at Margo.

Her parabatai beamed, pulling Alec's rolling chair out and plopping herself down on his lap. "She's right, you know? You look tense, Alexander."

His arms naturally found their way around her waist as she shuffled, finally finding a comfortable position. She glanced back at Alec, appreciating the pieces of hair by his forehead, framing his face. And, indeed, it was a nice face.

"Alec's right," Hodge informed. "Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters."

Clary groaned. "Well, then why did he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a Shadowhunter?"

"Yes, one of the best. But help might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic. Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything."

Alec's index finger traced circles on Margo's thigh as he spoke up from behind her. "Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them."

Hodge hummed. "Valentine must be searching for the warlock. Where did Jocelyn--" He cut himself off, hissing as his rune burned.

Margo's heart raced. "Hodge, your rune. You okay?"

He nodded a bit.

"So, how do we find Magnus?" Clary asked.

Jace took over, leaning back in his seat and staring at the picture of Magnus on the screen. "We don't. Magnus finds us. We'll set up a meeting, somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding."