nineteen ; amor

CHAPTER NINETEEN: AMOR

Clary and Simon took a long time to walk through Raphael's suite, examining every little aspect

The pair of him and Margo walked behind them. "I wasn't like this, was I?" Margo asked, annoyed at the two in front of her.

"No, sugar. You weren't," he promised her as Clary and Simon stopped in front of a small cutout section, staring at a painting. Raphael leaned over to press a trigger switch, allowing a cage door to drop down, separating him and Margo from Clary and Simon.

Clary scoffed as Margo glanced at Raphael, wondering how many other quirks his place had. "So this is your idea of protection?" Clary blurted.

Raphael smiled sarcastically at her. "It keeps you away from my people, and my people away from you." He turned to Simon, nodding his head once. "Give a shout when you're hungry," he stated. "Of course, you do have a pretty decent snack right here, no? Oh, silly me. I forgot... you two are such great friends. Or has that changed?"

Simon grunted, glancing back at Clary, hunger in his eyes. "Raph, are you so sure this is a good idea?" Margo mumbled to him as he pulled her along, away from the DIY cage.

"Relax, doll," he reassured her. "It's all a part of the plan."

The two waited in the lounge for a bit. "So, is something supposed to be happening?" Margo asked as she noticed Raphael checking his watch every now and then. The two were sat on a couch, ironically watching a vampire movie.

As if on cue, an angry Simon's yell for Raphael echoed through the halls.

Raphael smirking, tapping Margo's legs, which rested in his lap. He lowed them down, helping the brunette up. "Yes, darling, and this is it."

He led her back to the cage, looking at a hungry Simon. "You ready now?" he teasingly asked the new vampire.

"Yes," Simon muttered, raising his voice then. "Please!"

Raphael nodded, picking up a glass of blood that a waiter had just brought in. "Here you go." The three onlookers watched as Simon chugged down the blood. "It's all about presentation and quality produce. You see, us vampires look after one another. We take care of our family."

Clary shut her eyes for a moment and when she opened them, it was only to glare at the vampire beside Margo. "Simon already has a family."

"Had a family," Raphael corrected. "That's all going to change now. You're a Shadowhunter... he's a vampire. You two will never be equals. You'll have to learn for yourself." He poured Simon another glass. "Hasta luego."