three ; two first names

CHAPTER THREE: TWO FIRST NAMES

The wake-up call was more of a yell than a call

The wake-up call was more of a yell than a call. And it came from none other than Isabelle Lightwood.

"Wake up!"

Margo flinched, unintentionally pushing herself back into Alec, who almost rolled right out of bed. Margo caught his hand before he did and pulled him back, breathing heavily after practically having a heart attack. She laid back once Alec was safe from falling, letting him keep his arm around her.

Margo glared at her parabatai. "I'm going to kill you," she calmly mentioned to Isabelle. "Alec and I are going to go back to sleep but once I wake up, I will kill you, Izzy."

And she pulled Alec's duvet over their heads, blocking out Isabelle. If there was ever a time when Margo was grumpy, it was when she was woken up from a nap.

Isabelle didn't budge, though. "Go, seriously. Come on, I need to show you guys something."

Within moments, all full of groans and curses, Margo was being pulled out of bed by Alec, who took the smaller Shadowhunter's hand as Isabelle led them down to HQ. "Check this out." She sat in a seat, pulling up the surveillance cameras from outside the Institute.

Jace and Clary were making their way inside, followed by a scrawny brown-haired boy wearing glasses. As the Lightwood siblings observed the cameras on the screen, Margo's eyes moved over to the door the three would be entering through in no time.

And in seven seconds, they did exactly that.

Jace led Clary and her mundane friend to the large touch-screen in the middle of the room. "That makes perfect sense, 'cause there are demons running all around New York," the mundane spoke as they neared Margo.

"That is the first correct thing you've said all day," Jace sassed.

Margo felt Alec shift from behind her, eyeing the stranger that had entered with Jace and Clary. He rolled the sleeves of his leather jacket up slightly, making his way a few feet away from the girls and towards Jace. "What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the Institute?"

He glanced at Jace before staring down the boy. His parabatai sighed. "A Circle member followed him to get to Clary."

"A Circle rune, just like the guys that took my mother," Clary softly spoke, maintaining eye-contact with Alec.

Margo took a seat on the table beside where Isabelle sat on the rolling chair, listening in on the conversation. "What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?"