In Georgia

Kaiden's POV.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I reach my hand across to turn my alarm clock off. Then, I roll over in my California king size bed to the table by my bed to unplug my Iphone from the charger. My phone says 5:30 in the morning. Ugh. Monday. I hate Monday's. Monday's are the start of the week where people like me still have to get up early to go to school to get an education. Ugh. School. I also hate school. What's the point of getting up so early in the morning to go to school anyway? I mean like half of the people at my school sleep and don't pay attention.

I decided to stop moping around and get up to take a shower. I do my daily routine in the bathroom and come back to my room to put my outfit on for today. Being that it's a Monday, I will go with wearing light denim ripped high wasted skinny jeans. A red tank top (spaghetti strap) with a blue and red flannel over my tank top. I leave my flannel unbutton like always. I slip on my white All-star Converse's that are the high top kind and go to do my makeup and hair. I put on some concealer and foundation. I then put on some mascara, eyeliner, and nude eye shadow to make my blue eyes pop out. Then some light pink lip gloss. I go and straighten my blonde hair that goes all the way down to the center of my back.

I spray myself with some Our Moment perfume by One Direction because I'm a huge fan of them. Then I go and put on my silver hoop earrings, little stud for cartilage piercing on my right ear, and my silver infinity ring on my pinkie on my right hand. I walked over to my mirror and looked at myself. Yeah I weigh 106 pounds and I'm 5ft 4in tall for 15 years old, but why do I feel ugly and fat? I mean I have blonde hair, blue eyes, straight white teeth, no bumps or pimples on my face, I'm pale but I have a little tan. Guys think I'm pretty and my friends say they wish they were drop dead gorgeous like I was but why don't I see it? A lot of people say that I'm too skinny but I disagree. I might be insecure about my self but I really don't know.

My thoughts are cut off when by my brother, Dalton, comes into my room. He has blonde hair that sticks up everywhere but he somehow makes it look cool. He also has blue eyes. You can tell we are brother and sister. He is wearing black skinny jeans, all black vans, and a plain white T-shirt. He has strong cologne on, that surprisingly smells good when he doesn't cake it on.

"Hey mom said I'm driving you to school today." He says happily.

"Why?" I whine.

"Oh please, you're just mad cause all your little friends think I'm attractive." He said playfully.

"Don't flatter yourself or I will tell Sonika." I say with sass.

"I miss her." He says.

"Well after Christmas break you can spend all the time with your girlfriend. Or invite her over for our traditional Christmas dinner." I say.

"Yeah. I might do that but when you get home, I kind of need your help to plan the perfect gift for Sonika. I mean after all not only is it Christmas but it's going to be our 1 year anniversary and I want to make it special." He says with a smile on his face but a hint of panic in his voice.

"Calm down Dalton. I will help you but if we don't get going I'm going to be late for school." I say while grabbing my book bag and putting it on my back.

He leaves my room and I grab my phone and stick it in my back pocket on my right side of my jeans. I go down the stairs and see no one but Dalton walking very slow a few feet right in front of me. He is texting someone on his phone. Probably Sonika. They are so crazy about each other it's ridiculous but also cute at the same time.

"Let's go slow poke." I say while going past him.

He just laughs and follow me out of the house. I go and stand by his 2015 black mustang GT while he locks the house door. He unlocks his car and we both get in. I immediately take out my CD that was in his dash compartment and pull out Sounds Good Feels Good album by 5 Seconds Of Summer because I'm also a huge fan of them and stick the CD into the car radio. I go to the song Hey Everybody and let it play in the back ground while I throw my bag in the back seat of his car. I get my phone out (while singing Hey Everybody) to see a miss call from my mom, Tess. I don't remember my phone ringing. Well, it's probably on silent. I call her back while I struggle to put my seat belt on.

Finally she answers.

Mom: "Hey honey."

Me: "Hey. I got a miss call from you earlier this morning and I was just calling you back."

Mom: "Oh I was just going to call you and say that I won't be able to take you to school today because I have an early meeting about a case that I'm fixing to have to do. So you are going to have to get Dalton to take you."

Me: "Well he is and we are heading to the school now."

Mom: "Put me on speaker. I want to talk to the both of you."

I put my phone on speaker.

Me: "You're on speaker."

Dalton: "Hi mom."

Mom: "Hey sweetie."

Dalton: "So I was wondering if Sonika could come over for our Christmas dinner if she isn't doing anything that day."

Mom: "That sounds like a great idea. We all miss her. She is so lovely. Tell her we all said hi please."

Dalton: "Will do. Hopefully she can come because it's only 3 days before Christmas."

Me: "Alright mom. We are at my school now. I got to go. Bye. Love you."

Dalton: "Love you mom."

Mom: "Bye kids. Have a great day. I will see you both when I get home. I might be working a little late so I'm gonna be late for dinner tonight. Love you both. Bye kids."

I hung up the phone and just looked out the window and not moving. Just thinking about Christmas makes me upset. I miss dad so much. He is in the army and he is deployed. We don't get to talk to him and he has been gone for over a year and a half now. Hopefully for Christmas, he will surprise us and come home.

"What's wrong Kaiden?" Dalton asked.

"Nothing........ I just miss dad." I say trying to not be upset about the whole situation.

"We all do. Hopefully he will come home in time for Christmas." He says with hope in his voice.

"Same....... I guess I better head into school now." I say as I spot my friends waving at me all wild and crazy from far away.

"Yeah. You might want to. One more tardy and you have detention." He says with a light chuckle.

"Shut up." I say while I get my bag.

I go to open the car door, but he locks it. Now we are playing with the door. I unlock it and he locks it back. We are so immature.

Finally I get out of the car. Before I shut the car door, I lean my head back in and say, "Just this week and I'm out for Christmas break. I will try to be good."

"You better. Remember what mom said." He says with a playful evil grin plastered on his face.

"Haha." I say sarcastically and shut the door.

He drives off and I head to my friends who have already walked inside. Just then the bell rung for us to get to class. I start to speed walk making sure I'm not late to my class. I go to my locker, get my things, and head straight to class. I sit at my desk right when the late bell starts ringing. I sigh in relief. Just then the announcements come on and now starts the day of about 8 long, boring hours of pure torture called school.