On The Road

Isaac's POV

My dad and I are on the road heading out of town. We have been silent, not really wanting to talk. I mean, come on, look what happened to us. We had to watch in horror of our friends and love ones dying right in front of us. The bad thing about it is, is that it happened so fast and it's so unexpected. It feels like you are frozen and everything just goes in slow motion when you see one of your love ones die. You can't do nothing about it, except for just sitting there and watching.

Cameron was with us, but then something happen. When we were on our way back home to pack, Cameron left to go to his house to pack also. When we were going to meet back up at the hospital we saw that his car was still there and that he never left. He got surrounded and he never made it. My dad found blood all over his white car. He found him beside the car, choking on his own blood.

I miss my mom. I can't believe she died. I need her the most right now. Watching her eat Tammy like that made me realize that, that my mom was gone a long time ago. Sad part is, I never got to say goodbye. That's the worst part ever. Someone like her be taken away from you and you don't even get to say what you wanted them to hear.

"What are you thinking about?" I hear my dad ask me.

"Nothing." I say.

"Oh, it's something." He replies back.

"It doesn't even matter anymore."

"Everything matters now." He says while taking a glance at me before looking back at the road.

"Well this doesn't. It's already happened now and we can't change it." I mumble, not really in the mood to talk.

"You were thinking about May. Weren't you?" He says quietly.

I let out a loud sigh before saying, "Why her? Out of all people."

"Things happen. I don't know either and I'm thinking the same thing. But we both know that she doesn't have to suffer anymore. She is in a better place now." He says with tears in his eyes.

Out of no where, we both start crying again, but it's silent. Like we don't want each other to know that we are crying, even though we both know that each other is crying.

"We have to stay strong son. We will never forget her and she will always be with us, even though we can't see her. We will always love her." He says full on crying now.

After a while of crying and sharing great memories of mom, I started yawning. I didn't realize I was tired, but I guess when you cry really hard for a long time, it drains you. I lay my head on the window. I look up at the sky and I see that the clouds are dark grey. Perfect. It's going to start raining. That's just what we need to set the mood. We are already upset and depressed that we lost her, but then its going to start raining soon to add the effect.

I feel my eyes start to droop. The last thing I said was, "Mom. If you can hear me, I just want you to know that I am so sorry if I ever let you down before. You are the best mother anyone can ask for or even had. I miss you already and I need you. You will always be with me. I never got to bid for farewell because I was certain that you would come back home and you would give me those comforting hugs. It never happened. So this is what I want to say now. Goodbye mom. I will never forget you. Rest in peace. I love you."

And with that I fell asleep dreaming about good memories that was filled with love and happiness. You know, what we had before the world ended. Before mom died. Nothing will ever be the same anymore.

Author's Note

Hey guys so I decided that I was going to start doing recaps at the beginning of each chapter so you can remember what happens to each character and what happened to them last. Hopefully it will help so you don't get confused and later when I go to do editing, I will do it to all of them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this book. I really appreciate it. Remember you can find me on:
Twitter: haleyyyyy143
Instagram: haleyyy_143
Snapchat: haleyyy_100

Love you,
- Haley 😝❤