This Isn't Right

RECAP:

Dalton and Kaiden lived through the car wreck, which Lillian and Toby died in. Max left with Hunter and his group to the safe place. Hunter gave Kaiden one of Leslie's present and lied to Leslie about it. Dalton and Kaiden went to go find their parents and ra. I to their dad.

Dalton's POV

"Dad!" Kaiden and I scream at the same time.

We run over to him and give him the biggest hug ever. I can't believe he is alive. How did he make it back from Africa?

"I can tell that I have a lot of explaining to do." He says, "Get your bags and come get on the truck. Wes will decide what to do when we get there while you two get settled in with me."

I'm so happy to find him.

We grab our bags and catch up to dad the best we could because we got hurt in the car accident.

"Do you know where mom is?" I ask.

"No. It's all guys here. Kaiden is the first girl. Which I won't you to stick with Dalton, me, or Wes at all times." He says, looking at Kaiden.

"Dad. You know me. I can take care myself." She says.

"Yeah. She even killed someone that alive, but Brooke was bitten." I say.

He just stares at Kaiden, then looks at me.

"Why are y'all all beaten up?" He asked.

"Car accident." I say.

"Explains all of this. I thought y'all got attacked. I was about to have to kill someone." Dad says chuckling.

We all laugh lightly and hop onto the truck. We start to take off.

A While Later

Kaiden's POV

We finally make it to some camp that is fenced in. There is men everywhere and I'm ready to put up a fight if I have to. I'm not afraid anymore.

The truck comes to a complete stop at the back of the camp. There are test set up all over the place.

Everyone gets out of the truck and off the back of the truck. Dalton and I wait on our dad. Dad gets out and heads toward a tent. He forgot about us, I guess. Or he is setting up for us to move in.

We jump off the back of the army truck with our bags. We do to where we saw dad go, but we were stopped by some man.

"I'm Wes. You must be Dalton and Kaiden, like I heard Mark say. I'm in charge of this place." He says and shakes our hands.

"Your dad is a strong hero. A soldier. I appreciate him for that. It's just you haven't seen him in a while. You don't know what he has been through or what he has done. Better yet, you don't know what he is capable of. Just don't try to get on his bad side. He may not mean to do some of the stuff he says or does." He says and goes to walk away.

"What do you mean? We know our dad. He wouldn't do anything, but the right thing. That's how he is and always will be." Dalton says.

"Just keep an eye on your dad for me. Alright? That's all I'm asking for you to do." Wes says and walks into a different tent.

Well, okay then. I don't knelt what that we about, but I know my dad. Wes was talking crazy. He is probably just messing with us. We don't even know who Wes is, other than he is the leader of this place.

"Kids are coming inside or not?" Dad says and goes back inside the tent.

"Dalton, are you sure this is a good idea?" I say, doubting this place.

"Kaiden, this is our dad. We finally found him. There is nothing to worry about. I will be here to protect you and I know dad won't let anything happen to us. If you are thinking about what Wes said. Don't believe it. He is a lunatic." Dalton reassures me.

We go inside the tent and get settled in for the night.

I'm starting to wonder if we should to have gone with Max instead of coming here, but if we didn't, we wouldn't to have found dad.

I'm just glad we found dad though. I just wish mom was here. I need her right now. I love her and dad so much. I hope she is still alive out there and will eventually find her way here to be with us again. We can all be a family again.

For now, I close my eyes and let sleep consume me.