Meeting New People

Author's Note

Hey. This is a new character. Her name is Leslie and she is 16. She is played by my friend Caroline. She is part of the new group that just came into the picture. Also, Hunter is a new character and he is 17. You will get to know about him a little bit more later on.

Leslie's POV

I'm in my room, sitting on the windowsill, playing the guitar. It's an acoustic. I can only play 5 songs on it, but mainly I make up my own music and songs. I write down things that inspired me or what has happened to me and I turn them into songs. I didn't know I could sing or play the guitar good, until people decided to eavesdrop and they said that I was amazing.

"Hey. You writing songs about me?" Hunter says coming into my room.

He is so cute and really fit. He has brown hair (which is a sexy undercut) and blue eyes. He has a little tan going. He has muscles and abs. Also, he is taller than me and that's a plus for me because I am a tall girl and most guys are shorter than me.

"Definitely." I say and sit my guitar down.

I don't know where I get this confidence from when he is around, because before the world ended, I was  shy and awkward. Like, for instance, your typical "barbie doll" went up to this guy and was like, "Hey. You're cute. Wanna go out sometime?" Then this other guy would come up to me and say, "Hey." And do you want to know what I would say? I would say something like this, "Yeah. Do you like bread too?" Come on, who does that?

Anyway, I toughened up and become a zombie slaying bad ass.

"Well, let's just hope that you talked about how sexy I am." He jokes.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I don't think I heard that right. I can't really hear you over the size of your ego." I say with sass.

"Just be glad that you are cute. Otherwise, that would be your ass." He says and walks over and flops on my bed.

I try to hide my face because it is as red as a tomato right now. He just called me cute. I'm going to die. Okay. Just act cool.

"So, why did you come I'm here?" I say trying to calm down.

"What? I can't come see my best friend anymore?" He says while propping up on his elbows with that smirk on his face.

Ouch. Friend zone. I figured. I'm not pretty enough for him. Who would want to date me anyway? Besides the world ended. I should t be worries about stuff like that.

"Nah. I actually came to tell you that you have to go do your job now. We have new people. Amara brought them here." He replies.

He gets up and heads to the door."

"Oh. One more thing. You should really lock your front door. You never know who can come in at night. You're not always going to be safe." He says and leaves.

I follow him all the way out the front door and onto the front porch.

"Gotcha. Thanks." I mumble.

"Well, I'll see you later. Gotta go do my job and go on a run for supplies." He says and waves bye.

"Bye." I reply back.

I watch him walk away, until I can't see him anymore. It sucks. I like him, but he doesn't know. He also doesn't even feel the same way. He is 17 and he looks like a model. He could have anybody. If they are still alive.

I remember the first time we met. I was new here and I didn't know anyone. He came up to me and started talking to me. Since then, we have gotten closer and became great friends.

I walk down the street and head to Amara's house. I walk in and go into the living room. I see a little girl and a girl who has to be a few years older than me. She is really pretty and I fear that Hunter will stop talking to me and will hang out with her. I mean I'm only 16. Why would he date someone younger than him?

I look at her. She looks like a Barbie doll. She is wearing a white Coca-Cola tank top (not spaghetti strap) with light blue denim booty shorts, and light brown cowgirl boots. Her bleach blonde hair is curled. She is really tan and her hazel eyes pop. She also has makeup on. Why is she so fixed up? How is she not cold?

"Ah. Leslie. This is Kelsey and the little girl over there is Griffin. Didn't they clean up nice?" Amara said.

I just nod my head and smile, feeling insecure about myself. I'm wearing a black Twenty One Pilots T-shirt. Some dark blue skinny jeans and black converses. I have no make up on and I forgot to brush my brown pixie cut hair (not the boyish kind, it's long).

"Show them to the house that they will be staying at. Here is the number and key. Welcome." Amara says and walks away.

We walk out of the house and down the street. I show them to their house and I quickly walk back to my house. I need a change. I run out of my house and go to Cassidy's little shop. Cassidy is the beauty person. She does hair, nails, makeup, piercings, and tattoos.

I'm not leaving anytime soon. The rotters aren't coming in. Why not go back to normal?

I walk into the shop. Time to get a little red in my hair. I want to look like a bad to the bone, zombie slaying, hottie.

"Hey Cassidy. I would like a change."