Waking Up

Kaiden's POV

"Clear!"

I hear a faint voice say.

"Clear!"

I hear someone say loudly.

I open my eyes and gasp for air. I lean up and cough.

I look around me to see Dalton, Sonika, Max, mom, dad, and my best friend Emily standing around me along with two doctors.

"Am I dead?" I gasp.

"No. Honey." My mom says and sits beside me on my bed and grabs my hand.

"I am in heaven." I say.

"No. Kaiden. You are alive." She says.

"That's impossible." I say in shock and disbelief.

They look at me quizzically.

"I died...... You all died." I say.

A nurse walked in.

"Amara! She was there! She can tell you all about it!" I yell pointing at the nurse.

"I'm sorry. My name is Amy. Being that she is awake, I will go get the doctor." She says and quickly walks out.

"Kaiden. No one died." My mother said.

"Well, aren't you stupid. How bad did he hit you?" Dalton says.

"Dalton, be nice to your sister." Sonika says.

"Huh?" I am so confused.

Hit me? The only person that did was dad.

"You were hit by a drunk driver. You have been in a coma for over two months." Max speaks up.

I was hit by a car?

"No. I was the cure for the apocalypse." I say kind of loud.

"There was no apocalypse." Dad says.

You have got to be kidding me.

A doctor walks in and she looks like Leslie, but a little older.

"Leslie! We were like really good friends until you tried to kill me! Why did you try to shoot me?" I say wanting to get answers.

"My name is Linda...... Anyway, Kaiden seems to be good...... When she got hit by a car and in the coma, he brain triggered to make her thing differently. She should come out of it in a couple of weeks. We will keep her here tonight and tomorrow someone can sign the papers, so she can go home." She smiles and walks away.

"She thinks she was in an apocalypse?" Max speaks up after a couple of seconds of silence.

"She watched the news about the virus spreading." Dalton says.

"But the CDC found a cure for it before it wiped out the whole entire world. After all, it was just flesh eating bacteria. It only lasted a week. It wasn't that bad." Sonika adds.

So I wasn't in an apocalypse. It wasn't real. It never happened. So those people that I met don't know who I am. Isaac doesn't know who I am either.

"Oh. I have a surprise for you...... Okay. So your birthday was yesterday. I posted that you were in a coma and to please pray for you and Isaac posted on his wall and said to pray for you also. He was going to tell you happy birthday, but instead, he came all the way from Pennsylvania to tell you his self. Isn't that great! You finally get to meet "The Isaac". You are a hug fan of his." Emily says.

"Really?" I say confused because I don't remember liking some guy name Isaac other than the "dream" I had.

Everyone leaves the room so me and Emily can talk.