Flashback

Kaiden's POV.

Death. It has become my worse nightmare. My fear. I see it happen around me everyday. People I knew, gone. People I love, gone. Everything is gone. All I see is blood. All I hear is screams. Then death.

"Kaiden! Come on!" I hear my brother say.

I don't know where he is because all I can see is my best friend, Emily, getting eaten alive. She was running over here and never made it. I didn't do anything to try and save her. I just stood and watch in horror.

I'm honestly scared. Scared that it's going to happen to me.

"Kaiden!" I hear a girl say.

I feel a push and I fall to the ground. I hit my head on a rock. I feel something running down the back of my head. I put my hand to the back of my head and pull my hand away to see a lot of blood on my hand. My head KS sting and throbbing. My eye sight is becoming blurry. My hearing is faint so I can barely hear. I'm finding it hard to breathe. I feel like I'm about to black out.

I hear a scream. A scream that is too close to me for my liking. A scream that sounds way too familiar. I look to my right/in front of me to see that Sonika has two big bite marks on her. A big chunk out of her neck and arm. Two monster are eating her stomach.

I go to crawl over to her the best I can, when I get shoved backwards. I see Dalton running to her. He kills the two monsters easily and gets down on his knees to see her.

I can't hear anything and I can barely see now. My vision is going in and out and there are little black dots taking over my vision as well. I try to move but I feel my body start to shut down. No. This can't be happening. I can't die. Is this the end? It feels like it. No. I'm still breathing, even if it's barely, so I'm okay.

I get my thoughts cut off when Dalton starts to scream loudly. I turn my head toward where he is to see him glaring at me.

The last thing I remember before everything went black was Dalton saying, "Why didn't you help her?!"

Flashback Over

Now I knew what Dalton was taking about. She saved me. But why? Why would she try to save me? My brother probably wants me dead anyway. If he could have chosen who to save, it would definitely be Sonika.

I have to talk to him. I have to let him know how sorry I am. Even if he doesn't want to talk to me.

I get out of the car and run after him. Or at least try to find which way he ran off to.