In Pennsylvania

Isaac's POV.

"Honey. It's time to get up. It's 12:00." My mom yells from downstairs.

I groaned and get up and start stretching. I have sweatpants on and I'm shirtless but who cares. It's just my family and I don't have to impress no one.

I go down stairs to eat some breakfast. I sit at the table still half asleep.

"Here you go. Your favorite morning meal." My mom says.

How is she so happy at a time like this? I look over at the clock on the wall and realize that it's past 12:00.

"Morning sleepy head. I told you if you played video games all night, you wouldn't be able to get up in the morning." My father says from in the living room.

I don't say anything because I have a mouthful of food. My mom cooked me some scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, and hash browns. She also made me a glass of fresh orange juice. Man do I love her cooking.

"I was thinking today maybe I could take you to the lake behind those woods and go fishing for some father-son time while your mother goes to that tea party book club thing with her friends." My dad says looking out the window to the back door.

"Sure. I wasn't gonna do anything today." I say after I swallow my orange juice.

"Jackson keep an eye on him. Well I must be leaving. Don't want to be late. Love you." My mom says while grabbing her purse, phone, and keys.

She kisses my dad on the lips and me on the head and leaves.

"I'm going to go get the fishing gear all set while you go get ready." My dad said while heading to the garage.

I put my glass and plate in the sink and rush upstairs to use the bathroom, take a shower, and brush my teeth.

I have braces on so I have to take my time on brushing my teeth.

I go to my room and put in a blue plaid shirt and I button it all the way up but let the top 3 buttons stay open. I slip on some blue jeans and put my brown cowboy boots on. I go to my mirror and start to brush my light brown hair. It's a little shaggy but not that bad. I put my brush down and then I grab my phone and slip it into my pocket.

I head down to the garage, to see my dad hooking up the boat to the back of our black truck. We both got in the truck and prepare our selves for the long ride ahead of us which is only about 15 minutes through the trials in the woods. We jam out to some country music like we always do.

After a while I start to zone out. I look in the rearview mirror and look at my blue eyes. A lot of girls like me but all I do is sing and give them my signature smirk. In my opinion, who would like someone who is a country boy and ain't afraid to get dirty? I mean I have a farmers tan but I'm really fit. I have no bumps or pimples on my face but I have braces. I guess we are all different in some ways but God has made us different.

We finally come to a stop and we get out and run up to the dock so we can get in our boat. We get in the boat and ride out to the middle if the lake. We put bait on the fishing pole and throw it out in the water. Now we sit and talk while we wait for a fish to come along and try to eat the bait.

Hours Later

After hours of fishing and getting sunburnt, we decided to come back home. We go and clean the fish that we caught so we can cook it and eat it. After that my dad prepares to cook it while I make some sweet tea.

I can't help but to wonder why mom isn't home already. She is usually here by now.

"Dad. Where is mom? Shouldn't she be here by now?" I ask.

"She is probably at the hospital. You know when she gets a call, she goes running because that's her job. Don't worry. She should be home soon." He reassured me.

After I finish making the tea, I put it in the refrigerator and head to the living room, so I can watch some TV. I decided on watching Family Guy and waited for mom to get home.