Shocker

Amara's POV

"I can't stand them. Why can't we just leave them. We shouldn't have let them come into the community. It's their fault that the place went down. I told you...... I'm not going down that road........ Which road...... Come on. Come on." Maddix says outrageously.

Everyone is quiet. We are just trying to ignore his little rant, but honestly no one is listening, no one cares, and everyone is tired of it.

"Maddix look. It's a nice neighborhood. Just take that road." I point out the window.

We pull into the neighborhood where big houses stand. There is ungrounded swimming pool and playgrounds. The place is deserted.

We pull in and stop at the first house. We park the car and get out. We look around. This place is way too quiet. I have an eerie feeling about this.

"Okay. We need to split up." Maddix speaks.

"Me and Leslie will take this road. Hunter and Dalton will take the road in front of us. Max and Isaac will take the next road over to the right.Kaiden and Colt will take the road at the end of the street to the left. Maddix you will check the office and all the cars to see if you can find anything. Everyone know where they are going? Okay. Let's get moving." I say and we split up.

Everyone splits up and goes to there location.

"Leslie, what do you think about this?" I ask while we go I to our first house.

"What do you mean?"

"About Maddix. About Kaiden. About the community it's. We were fine and safe. We have always been prepared for attacks, but somehow when it finally happened, we chickened out and ran while everyone else that got left behind died or ran away too." I say.

"I don't know." She says quietly.

"Do you think Maddix is going lose it at some point?" I ask.

"Do you think Kaiden is sick or slowly dying?" She questioned me.

I nod my head slowly.

"There's your answer." She said and walked away.

Hunter's POV

We are now going into our first house to find things that we will need. I haven't really talked to Dalton and I'm not in the mood to hear him talk bad about Maddix because Maddix talked about him and Kaiden non stop.

"This is bull." He mutters kicking a chair.

"Dude. Chill." I say.

"Don't tell me to chill." He glares at me.

He has a busted lip, but Maddix looks worse. If we didn't stop Dalton, he probably would've killed Maddix.

"What's your problem?" I ask.

"It's....... Nothing." He mumbled and trailed off at the end.

"It's got to be something....... It's what Maddix said about Kaiden. Isn't it?" I ask.

"Kind of."

"Your worried about Kaiden." I state.

He slowly shakes his head yes.

"She will be fine."

"I hope so."

"Look. I want her to live too. She is a great friend of mine." I explained.

"Wait, you know?" He says.

"Yeah. It's obvious."

"You haven't told no one? No one else has figured it out yet?" He asks nervously.