Can't Believe It

Kaiden's POV

"Hey dad?" I ask.

I've been wanting to go explore through the woods since I got here, but no one has really talked to me because they are really busy. Even Dalton.

"What Kaiden?" He sighed.

He has been really frustrated lately about some of his men.

"Can I go explore through the woods now? I promise won't go far." I plead, hoping he will let me.

"How old are you?" He asked, looking at me like I'm stupid.

"I just turned 16." I say in a "'duh" tone.

"And you want to go explore? You have realized that the world has come to an end. Right?" He said.

I roll my eyes and nod my head. I know exactly where this is going.

"No." He says, but before he leaves he adds, "And if I catch you sneaking out or I hear that you did while I was gone, I'm going to be disappointed in you. You are my side kick and I want it to stay that way."

I just nod my head to let him know that I understand.

It's not fair. Everyone gets to go outside except for me. Even Dalton gets to.

I know that dad and them are going on a run right now, so I'm going to explore when they leave. Besides I need training on how to kill those things.

As soon as I see my dad and them get in the truck, I hop the fence and run.

I just want to get out, you know. We drove a long way, so this is a different place. Besides I have a machete on my side, a pocket knife in my back pocket, and a 45 (pistol or gun) on my leg in the leg holder.

I'm also dressed for the weather. I'm wearing black skinny jeans, a white avenger hero sweatshirt, red high top All-Star Converse's, and a red beanie. I also have the necklace that Hunter gave me.

It was so nice to meet hunter. I just wish I could see him again. We had suck a great time and he knew how to cheer me up. I needed a good laugh that day.

I see a rock by the edge of a waterfall. I go and climb the little wooden ladder on the side and sit on the rock. This place is so beautiful and untouched. The fresh air is just what I needed anyway.

I hear someone laughing. I look around everywhere, but I don't see anyone. I follow the sound of laughter and I go into the woods. I see a boy and a girl laughing. They look so happy. Without a care in the world. It's like they forgot about the dead coming back to life.

I hide behind a bush and sit and watch. The girl grabs a guitar. It would be nice to hear music again. So I decided to stay for a while.

Hunters POV

"Hey. It will be okay. You are safe with me. I will protect you." I tell Leslie.

Leslie said that she wrote me a song, but it wasn't finished yet. So I decided that I wanted to hear what she had so far. Also I just wanted to be alone with her. So I drove us 20 miles away from where we live. We are in the middle of the woods by the waterfall. I sat the blanket down and we both sat on it.

I haven't really talked to her since I kissed her because I didn't know how she felt, so I've been hanging out with Kelsey. Kelsey gave me advice and told me to take her away so she can go see the lake I took Kelsey to. So here we are.

"I hope you know your way back to the car." Leslie said whole sitting her guitar down beside her.

"Oh. I do."