Whatever

Recap:

Dalton and Kaiden were arguing about the death of Sonika. They were away from their car when someone stole it. They came back to the car to find it gone. Who would take their car?

Kaiden's POV

Where is our car? I can't believe it our stuff is gone. What are we going to do now?

"God." Dalton sighs and rubs his hands up and down his face.

"Our stuff is gone." I say.

"No shit Sherlock." He says and looks at me.

I just roll my eyes and start walking.

"Where are you going?" He ask.

"To find our car so we can get out of here." I say in a 'duh' tone.

"Wait on me then." He says back and runs over to me.

Man it got cold real fast. I look down at what I'm wearing. Black vans, black ripped skinny jeans, white crop top with a black and white checkered flannel on over it.

Then I look at what Dalton is wearing. Black vans, black skinny jeans, and a black buttoned up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

We have to find something warm or at least build a fire somewhere. It's almost night time and for some reason the rotters come out more at night.

"It's my fault that we lost the car." I speak up.

"No. I ran out and you came after me. It's my fault. I shouldn't have done that. Then we would still have the car." He says.

"But you were mad at me. That's why you ran out. You didn't know that I couldn't remember."

"I didn't let you explain first, when I should've. I jumped to conclusions." He says.

"So it's both of our faults." I say while looking up at him.

"I guess so." He says, nodding his head up and down.

I let out a sigh and look up and the sky. I then look at the trees. It almost reminds me of the time I went camping and got scared. And with thinking of that I break the silence.

"Do you remember that time we went camping and dad told the story about the big, evil bear?" I ask Dalton.

"Yeah. You got scared so bad. I thought you were going to pee yourself." He chuckles.

"Oh, come on. I was only 8....... Anyway, we made a bet to see who could sleep outside the longest." I say replaying the memory in my head like a movie.

"We were too stubborn to stay in the cabin. So dad decided to play a little joke on us." He says smiling.

"And you decided to pretend to be the bear and scared me, but then dad scared the both of us and you screamed like a girl." I say laughing.

"We all slept in the same bed that night inside the cabin." He says while laughing also.

"I miss this." I say honestly.

"Miss what?"

"The laughing and joking. We were all happy. Everyone was. Then the world ended. I never thought it would be like this." I say.

"Me either. You can never be too sure of what happens and you can never be to ready. You just have to keep your eyes open and stay low and quiet. Don't trust anyone. No matter who they are. Be ready for what the world will throw at you. Now matter what happens, you keep going. You don't stop until it's your time to go. Don't ever give up." He says.