Shut Up

RECAP:

Hunter and Leslie were out when Kaiden came upon the two. Hunter introduced Leslie to Kaiden. Leslie got mad because hunter was flirting with Kaiden. After Leslie lashed out on hunter, he just laughed at her.

Leslie's POV

"Why are you laughing? It isn't funny asshole." I say getting irritated with Hunter.

We have been driving for a few minutes, going back to our home and all he has been doing is laughing at what I said to him. He is getting on my last nerves.

He goes silent again, but then he starts smiling, trying to hold his laughter in. I hung him on the arm and he starts laughing again.

"Seriously?!" I yell.

"Look. It's funny so I'm going to laugh. Kaiden is like a sister to me. I told you that I liked you earlier today. If I didn't, do you really thing I would be kissing you and actually trying to get you to notice me." He says all serious.

"But you were flirting win her right in front of me." I say.

"That's our friendship. No one will understand it. We can joke with each other without hurting each others feelings. Hell, there isn't any feelings and that's why it's funny to Kaiden and I." He says shaking his head.

"If you like someone, why flirt with someone else right in front of their face?" I mumble.

"I think it's cute when you get mad. Besides I'm single. I can do whatever I want." He says and leans over to kiss the corner of my mouth and goes back to driving.

I roll my eyes and smile. This boy is so confusing, but you got to love him.

Kaiden's POV

I stand here waiting on Wes to tell us what happened to our dad.

"Put the gun down Kaiden. You can't just threatened someone." Dalton says and stands next to me.

I put the gun back into my leg holder and glare at Wes.

"Okay. Fine. I will tell you." He trembles.

He takes a deep breath and starts.

"I was a soldier as well. I didn't in Mark's group, but I went with them to Africa. I was a medical aid soldier. We only stayed a day and it was bad. Dead people everywhere. Some were crying with blood on them. We didn't know what to do. So Mark decided it was best to shoot them all in the head. I didn't though. I thought it was wrong because it was men, women, children, elderly.... When we got back to base we were stuck defending the government. As things got worse, Mark went berserk. He watched his best friend get eaten right beside him. His friend got attacked from behind. Mark almost go it too. He was so closed to getting but I shot it just in time......... Another thing. Mark was having an affair. It was in the state where our base was. He found her dead, but all chewed up. Since then he was kind of went crazy. Killing the dead and the living for no reason at all. He started talking to himself. He started screaming at night and sometimes he would hit himself....... He didn't really talk to anyone. When he found you two, he stopped............ I started my own group and he tagged along. He has been a great help, but I'm worried that he might do it again.
He has been okay, but Kaiden I think you got on his bad side. He isn't going to stop until you are dead. It's best if you and Dalton get out of here......... If o ly Tess was here. She's we how to control him."

"Maybe we will run into mom soon. Mark will turn out okay." Dalton speaks up.

"Tess isn't coming. She was here because Mark saved her." He adds.

"Where is she now?" I ask.

"Tess and Mark got into an argument because she wanted to go after you two, but he said no. He said that you two were already dead. There would be no way you two could make it out alive. Tess and Mark argued everyday. He would go out and steal from people or kill them and take their stuff. He said that we have to kill everyone because they can't be trusted. He has became a horrible person." Wes explains.

"You still didn't say where our mom went? Where is she?" Dalton asked.

"Oh. Yeah. They went for a walk to talk in private and he came back with a bloody nose. He said that she hit him and ran away. He said that she was crazy, but I didn't believe it because I didn't see that." He says and let's out a shaky breath.

"What do you mean?" I ask looking at him.

I'm shaking because I'm a little scared of what he is going to say. I swear if he done anything to mom, I'm going to kill him.

He is hesitant, but he finally replies.

"I don't know how to tell you this, but I followed them into the woods because I knew what he was capable of and I didn't trust him. They were arguing and hitting each other as usual. He pushed her up against a tree and held a knife to her neck............. He went psycho.......... I didn't know how to stop it........ He told me if I ever told anyone or even thought about killing him that he was going to do things to me that I would not like to repeat. Trust me you don't want to know...... I'm sorry about this, but Mark killed your mother, Tess."