Turning of Time: Chapter 23

__3rd Pov__(O.O Its different!)

While Sara was having her fight with the young Kakashi, Kurenai and the rest of team 8 was growing worried. It had been a while since the constant chatter from Sara had been there. Hesitantly Kurenai called out on the radio.

"Sara? Where are you?" She was met with silence, not even Sara's breath could be heard.

They all arrived to Shino and thought about what was happening.

"Where did she go? She pretty much disappeared!" Kiba shouted his complaint finally, luckily his mic was off.

Shino held out his hand and a bug landed on it. He looked at it and its movements for a moment before speaking. "My bugs did find her. This one came on ahead to let me know that. Where she is now though... We can only guess."

The others thought about that for a moment. Finally Kurenai took charge and spoke, "We'll wait another 10 minutes for Sara, if she doesn't contact us by then, we go looking." The team nodded, and so they waited in tense silence.

One minute passed, they were sitting. Three passed, Kiba was pacing. Five and Hinata had started to wring her hands. Seven then they were all standing up and fidgeting. Nine left them tapping disquieted on their mic switches. Throughout all of this the calmest by far was Shino, who had stayed seated since minute one.

Ten minutes had passed.

"What do we do now Kurenai? Do we go looking?" Hinata voiced, without stutter, worry evident in her voice.

Kurenai looked deep in thought. "We should call over the radio first. We'll see if she responds."

"And if she doesn't?" Kiba cut in.

"THEN, we go looking for her."

They then did just that.

_-_

Sara had finished the fight with what had appeared to be a young Kakashi. She could hear the team's worried voices in the background of her mind. She sat cross legged where she had dropped after 'Kakashi' left.

She didn't notice that a couple of the bugs left to go back to Shino.

Her thoughts were furious as she tried to sort through them. It was almost undeniable that the boy looked like a little Kakashi. That didn't make sense though, there was no way for that to happen. Her mind turned over a theory, and it had to do with the woman in the village. Sara finally realized that she had never told Kari her name.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice when Shino and them bust through the bush behind her. She just sat there, didn't even flinch. Kiba walked over.

"HEY! Sara, where in the world were you? You worried us to near death!" He shouted, close enough for it to almost be in her ear.

She didn't respond to him. Just kept staring at the dirt in fron of her.

"Are you even listening? Earth to Sara!?" He waved a hand in front of her eyes.

"Shush Kiba." The words snapped out quick and quiet. Almost quiet enough that the other three didn't hear, but Kiba had.

"What the crap are you doing? Were you sitting here the whole time? Did you even hear us over the radio?" He threw the questions at her.

"Thinking, no, yes." She answered all three questions in a tone that said not to ask any more.

Of course Kiba didn't really care at that moment. "Could you maybe give full explinations? How could you not contact us?"

"I did." Her answers were as short as possible, but you could see the iritation growing in her with each passing second.