Turning of Time: Chapter 3

__Sara Pov__

Before walking into the Hokage's office Kakashi walked in and came out moments later. I relinquished my weapons to him, and after he promised to watch the three kids, walked in to meet the Hokage.

The Hokage was old. There was no sugar coating it. At the same time though I could feel the strength that came with the years he had lived, and even if I had my weapons, I knew I was far outclassed when it came to the prospect of a fight.

He smiled at me before he spoke, and I could tell it was with genuine kindness. "So, I'm told your name is Sara. Might I ask for a last name?"

I thought for a moment, before realizing that I didn't know myself. The memory was there, but unlike the others it felt sealed within me.

"Sorry sir, I'm afraid I can't remember."

"Well that's alright for now then, moving on, what brought you to Konoha?"

"Well, nothing specific about Konoha exactly, but it was the closest village from where we were. I woke up in a clearing south of here with the three kids that are in the hallway right now. I have vague memories from before that, but I can't remember specifics. I knew that we couldn't live in the forest though, so I came here"

He thought that through for a while, and I was guessing he was debating on if he would beleive me or not. Finally though I saw a small nod.

"Well Sara, I was told you came into the village with weapons suited for a ninja, and I assume Kakashi took those before you came in. At the same time though, you show no identification for being from another village."

"If I may, I know that I either am, or was, a ninja. Or at least training to be one, so that is why I had the weapons. I felt that even if my mind did not know how to use them, my body did, so I brought them. I don't really know if I came from a ninja village, but with how you speak, it is appearant that I most likely am from one."

"Well I suppose that is one mystery solved." He seemed deep in thought for a moment before continuing, "you say you were at least being trained as a ninja?"

I nodded. That being one of the fact I was sure of.

"Well for now, we will put you in the academy. The graduation exam for the next class is in a month. Speaking of, how old might you be?"

"I am twelve."

"Well since you seem to have had some training in the past, we will put you in the graduating class, and see where to go from there. I hope you know I am putting a lot of trust in you Sara, and I'd like to think you wouldn't abuse that."

"I will try not to." I hesitated, not sure how to ask my next question. The Hokage seemed to notice this and gave a slight nod as a go ahead. "If it isn't too much trouble to ask, what should I do about the three kids?"

"Well, why don't we bring them in and see?"

He didn't even have to raise his voice and the doors opened to reveal Kakashi and the kids, who ran to me. It was quite obvious that a certain grey haired old man was eavesdropping, but I didn't say anything.

The Hokage stood up and walked around the desk and kneeled before the three kids, looking at them with kind eyes. Then his eyes lit upon Ayaka and seemed to stay there a moment, while something flashed across his face. It was gone before I could identify the emotion though.

He turned towards me. "Well since you are only twelve, you can't really take care of three kids right now, not to mention you don't have a place to stay..." He trailed off and looked up to Kakashi.