Turning of Time: Chapter 24

__Sara Pov__

When we arrived in Konoha there was no welcoming party for us, thankfully, and I walked around freely for a while. I stopped by Yameha's shop first and picked up Junichi's soon-to-be sword, he asked me how the new one worked.

"It's awesome Yameha, I got into a fight and didn't even need to resharpen it afterwards. Thank you so much."

"You got into a fight?" He asked with some interest.

"Yeah, nothing major. Do me a favor though? Don't tell anyone, I don't want people worrying or asking questions." He nodded his understanding and I left with the sword.

Right now I was walking around looking at the houses for sale. I really didn't want to freeload any longer so the sooner I was out, the better. Right now I was exploring a house that was just a single story with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. It wasn't huge, but it didn't need to be. The yard however was massive; the area it covered would be enough for all the kids to practice in. Not only that, it wasn't too expensive.

I told the person selling it that I would be able to buy it in about a month, and he said he was willing to wait that long. After a month though he would start looking for another buyer. I agreed and we parted ways.

On my way home I bumped into a very distracted pineapple.

"Yo, pineapple what's up?" I questioned Shika.

He turned to face me and rearranged his face into a neutral mask. "Oh, hey Sara. When did you get back?" Sometimes I wish he didn't try and hide his emotions.

"I just got back today, but I want to ask now, what's worrying you?" I got straight to the point, there was no reason to beat bushes, they hadn't done anything.

His mask slipped and he didn't even try to regain it, "You could tell? How about we talk about it at your house? Do you have time for that?" He seemed to remember that I was still supposed to be with team 8.

"Yeah I got time, Kurenai said I could have the day off today. What about you? Do you have the day off or am I an excuse to play hooky from cleaning a river?" I playfully joked at him, knowing that he hated that mission.

"I have the day off," he said monotonously.

"Well then, lead the way to my home, because I'm actually a little lost."

"You never cease to surprise Sara," but he smiled, because he knew I was joking again. I always knew how to make him smile, most days.

We walked silently the whole way to the house. I wasn't too worried about Kakashi because I figured he already knew I was back in Konoha, he would just have to stay out or in the house for the day.

"So, what di-" I was cut of mid sentence when I walked through the gate to the house.

"Sara-nee!" five voices chimed, seems like Konohamaru and his crew were gone today. I can't beleive I had forgotten that the kids were at the house. Pretty easy to do though when you live there everyday.

"Hey guys, where's Konohamaru, Moegi, and Udon?" I had stood back up from where I was tackled and looked them over. They seemed the same as when I had left thankfully.

 Naoko answered the question first, "They went to go play pretend ninja. I for one didn't really want to be part of the 'Konohamaru Ninja Squad' so I stayed to train."

"Same here, I would rather make my own ninja squad!" Hibiko proclaimed, I smiled at him knowing that he would if he could find a third member. The second would obviously be Naoko, it was obvious he liked her.

"Hey, Sara-nee will you watch our practice?" Ayaka questioned pulling on my skirt.

I glanced up at Shika for a moment before returning to my gaze on Ayaka. "Sorry Ayaka, maybe a little later, I'm busy at the moment."