Turning of Time: Chapter 14

__Sara Pov__

I awoke early the next morning completely refreshed from the battle. I was quite amazed that we got out of it virtually unscathed, other than Kakashi using way too much chakra and exhausting himself. I looked over at our still asleep sensei, I replaced the headband over his eye and straightened my clothes. I walked out of our shared room where everyone was still asleep to explore the area and the house.

The house was relatively small and out in the forest. The path leading from the house split and lead away towards the earlier lake, and the town. I walked towards town and it was no more than a mile or two down the path. I walked back to the house and heard people moving about. Someone was awake now at least. I walked in and saw Tsunami up making breakfast, I could tell that no one else was up yet.

"Would you like some help in making breakfast? I may not be a good cook, but I can help prepare things for you."

"That sounds very nice, thank you Sara. I could teach you how to cook while you're here, I think a girl should know how to cook at least a little so they can pull a man in."

I smiled at her old-fashioned views, but had to agree nonetheless. I didn't want to starve if my future husband couldn't cook.

"I would appreciate that Tsunami, it might be difficult, since Kakashi will probably have us training, but when I have the time, if you would please."

As we made breakfast the inhabitants of the household gradually awoke to the smell and came to sit around the table in lighthearted chatter. The events of yesterday pushed to the furthest corner of their mind. I could sense Kakashi was awake, but he probably wouldn't be moving much until later in the afternoon at the latest since he would push himself.

Tsunami and I placed the food on the table. I took a tray and piled it with food for Kakashi, taking it in to him.

"Here Kaka-baka. The nickname suits you even better now, you should know your chakra limits after all."

He sweat dropped and sat up slightly, I helped him up and placed the food onto his lap.

"Sara, what did the tracker nin do with Zabuza's body? Something has been bothering me."

"She took it away, and I know what you're thinking Kakashi. Zabuza is still alive I knew that before the tracker nin even left. I just thought it unwise to go looking for a fight against an unknown enemy with you out of commission like that. Our goal is to protect Tazuna after all."

He nodded agreeing with my choice of action. "Don't tell anyone yet, I'll let them know later on in the day."

"Got it. At least having been put in a near death state he won't be able to move for a while from the shock. That means we have some time."

"Go eat... well, at least go sit with the others so I can eat then." He amended his statement when I gave him a look. He and I were alike in not showing our faces at least.

I walked out and shut the door behind me, I heard him shift and knew he had begun eating. I went back to the dining room/kitchen area and sat at the table with my teammates.

"You aren't eating Sara?" Sakura questioned.

I looked over at her as I answered. "I'll eat later, when I'm alone."

"Why not eat right now with all of us? It's more fun then." She pressed.

"Probably for about the same reason Kaka-baka doesn't eat with you guys."

She thought about that. "Because of the mask?"

"You could say that."

"Why do you both refuse to let us see your faces?" Naruto joined in.