Chapter 10

Nudge.

Nudge.

I groaned and rolled over. I was still sleeping.

Nudge.

Nudge.

Lazily I lifted my hand and swatted whatever was nudging me.

Shove.

And I fell off the bed. I landed on the wooden laminated floor with a yelp. Opening my eyes I saw a blurry version of Katy looking down at me with a grin on her face. I groaned and in an attempt to stand up I whacked my head on the set of draws behind me. Muttering a few profanities I was finally on my feet with my duvet awkwardly around one shoulder and under my opposite arm.

I bet I looked like Zeus.

"Morning sister!" she squealed. I muttered a 'hi' and grabbed a new set of clothes with a matching set of underwear and my pink towel and headed for my en suite to shower and get ready.

Once I was showered and dressed I placed my damp hair into a high pony, slipped on my fluffy bunny slippers and trotted downstairs.

"Hey sis." the four of them said when I walked downstairs. I smiled shyly. 'Sister' was something I was going to have to get used to.

I got a mug and put 3 teaspoons of cadburys chocolate powder along with 3 sugars, hot water and milk topped with whipped cream, marshmallows and grated chocolate and viola. You have my 5 star hot chocolate. I took a sip and sighed contently. I turned around and saw everyone staring at me. I lowered the china mug from my lips and looked at them expectantly.

"I want one!" they shouted with happiness in their eyes. I groaned. This is how I spent my Saturday morning making hot chocolates with whipped cream and marshmallows for 4 kids. Well Aaron isn't a kid but oh well.

~*~*~*

"Ooh! This ones pink!" I squealed excitedly pointing to a tarantula cage. It was pink. With unicorns. Jokes it didn't have unicorns but it was pink.

"No. If its our spider we're going to get a cage we all like." Aaron said stubbornly.

So here we are, at the pet shop looking for spider cages. I saw a snake and pointed it out to Aaron. He freaked and said he'd rather get a puppy instead. That didn't turn out well either after I asked for a dog as well.

"Fine. What about this one?" I asked pointing to a clear plastic cage with a black lid and camouflaged background.

"Have you seen the price tag?"

My eyes found their way to a small paper tag that read £200. Slowly I turned around and walked away. Aaron snickered at me as I sent him a lethal glare.

"This one?" I hopefully asked. Again it was a clear cage, it was slightly smaller then the last one but still big enough for our spider. It had a navy blue lid and all the things needed were inside.

"Hmm." Aaron looked at it thoughtfully. "We'll take this one." he said and I squealed in happiness.

He carried it to the counter where a woman maybe in her mid thirties sat, looking bored. Instantly she perked up when she saw my brother. Seriously, what does everyone see in him?

"We'll take this cage please." he said politely getting out two twenty pound notes.

"Sure sweetie. That's £39.99 please." she said in an over flirtatious voice. Not to be mean or anyhow but she looked like a clown. Her eyebrows were drawn on so dark, her eyes were caked in mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow and god knows what else and she was orange. Oh and when she leaned on the counter she placed her arms under her chest so her boobs were nearly spilling out everywhere.