Chapter 47

The piercing screech of the alarm clock beeping startled me from my sleep. As I came to, I remembered what today was, the start of the geography trip.

"Ugh, come on Phoebe." I felt on the bed next to me but she wasn't there.

"Already ahead of ya sis." She flicked on the light, temporarily blinding me. I groaned and looked up. She was already dressed and had her face on.

"Aw did you let me sleep in."

"Babes, you were dead to the world. I had no choice. Now get ready." She commanded and I nodded. Jumping out of bed I picked an outfit and took it to the bathroom.

20 minutes later we loaded our bags into Phoebe's car and she drove us to school. 

The coach was already running, the driver loading bags into the storage bit. The line of zombified pupils stood waiting to load on to the coach.

"C'mon, let's go to the back." Phoebe said and led us both to a double seat at the rear of the bus.

The drive was just short of 5 hours with a few stops inbetween. It allowed us to catch up on the sleep we had missed.

"Right kids, get your luggage and follow me." Mr Stillman announced over to speakers as the coach stopped.

Everyone filed out and collected their luggage. Stillman lead the way through a dodgy looking alleyway until we came to a rundown looking building.

"That's not our accommodation." Phoebe said in disbelief.

The paint was peeling, the sign was flickering and one of the letters was missing.

"Hey look! It almost says-"

"I know, Samuel." Mr Stillman sighed.

The hostel was called 'Plucker's Cabin',  but the L was missing, and somehow the edge to the P had fallen off, so it looked like am F. Yes.

"Well, come on kiddos." He said and marched forward into the reception.

"Plucker's Cabin, how may I help you." The receptionist asked in a flat tone. She looked bored out of her mind.

Mr Stillman spoke to the lady and I looked around the lobby. There were stuffed birds hanging from the ceiling, a stuffed fox on the right of the desk, a deer head mounted on the wall.

"I see why It's called Plucker's." I shivered internally as I looked into the poor fox's beady eyes.

"Right, get into groups of 4, y'all be sharing rooms."

Everybody quickly and awkwardly mingled into groups of 4. Phoebe and I grouped with Fiona and Sapphire, I suppose it could be worse.

"Oh my gosh girls, we're going to have the best sleepover ever! We can do each others make up and tell ghost stories and make hot chocolates with marshmallows..."

Sapphire trailed on but I blocked her out. This trip was already looking exciting, sarcasm.

After dumping all our belongings in our room, the 4 of us got dressed in swimsuits and took our beach bags away with us.

"According to this map, the beach is only a mile straight down." She said whilst holding the map.

"Alright, let's go girls!" Sapphire screeched and sauntered out the door.

It was about 15 degrees outside, not cold but with the slight breeze it made me shiver slightly. I thought back to Lucas, I wondered how he was doing by himself. Was he behaving? I hope he wasn't annoying Mrs Bailey without me.