Chapter 25

Do you ever get that feeling in your tummy that gets you excited? Well I have. And do you know what day it is? It's Christmas eve. I have never been this excited for Christmas before. At least this year I will be surrounded by the people I love and who care for me.

"Christie will you please stop jumping around. You're giving me a headache." Aaron complained as he entered the kitchen holding a glass of water.

"It's not my fault you went to her house and got smashed." I retorted. Yes Aaron grew some balls and called that girl he was on about in the shop. It was pretty cute because he was all nervous.

"Her name is Lori, not her." he said miserably. I'm guessing hangovers aren't one of the best things to experience.

"Whatever. But it's Christmas tomorrow. Do you know what that means? It means-"

"Please will you shut up. Have sympathy for the hungover." Aaron winced, well what crawled up his ass. I decided to leave the conversation before he punched me in the face. Not like he would do that, I was just being annoying.

I finished my nutella and toast before wandering into the lounge room to see what everyone was up to. Turns out they were playing twister. Katy was awkwardly doing a crab position while Nicki was kind of lunging.

"Left foot, red." George instructed to Nicki. She moved her left foot so her legs were even more spread apart, like the splits. Her legs were shaking a bit before they finally gave way.

"Yes! I win!" Katy jumped up and yelled, I chuckled at their excitement. Obviously they hadn't seen me before as their heads turned to face me.

"Christie will you play?" Nicki asked. I shrugged and nodded my head before wandering over to the spotted mat.

"I don't really know how to play." I admitted.

"Neither do we, George is just telling us what we have to do." Katy said. I laughed a little before George spun the thingie and gave instructions.

"Right hand green." I placed my weak bare arm on a green circle I could see. (I had got my cast taken off a couple of days ago and the doctors said it had healed properly, which I was happy about) he read an instruction to Nicki which was left foot yellow. This may get messy.

"How can I put my leg on a red spot when the only red spots are miles apart?" I complained, I was currently in a very messy position; my legs were on either side of the mat and my arms were far to the right on two very close circles. I was about to fall if it wasn't for Nicki who was basically my main support.

"Well you're going to have to figure it out somehow!"

I looked to see where the closest red circles were. Nicki's foot was on one and there was one under her head which I could reach. I decided against that though because if I fell there was a 98.245% chance I would break one of her bones. It was going to have to be the one next to my leg. I tried to reach my leg but my other hand slipped and I fell on my face. That was kind of embarrassing.

"Hahaa I won!" Nicki shouted rubbing it in my face. I picked myself up and took the spinner thing off George.

We played for a few more hours until all of the bones in our bodies had turned to jelly.

It was around 3 pm and the girls had come up with a brilliant plan to bake some cookies for Santa. I didn't know how to make cookies so I was putting all my trust into them.

Katy was making the cookie dough and Nicki was adding lots of chocolate chips. Lots.

"Um don't you think there are enough chips in there by now?" I asked as Nicki continued to pour the chips into the bowl.