Chapter 32

The next morning Aaron took Phoebe and Lilly back to their car where they drove home.

"Text me when you're home ok." I said and hugged them goodbye. I waved them off as Aaron backed out the drive.

"So tell me again, you fought off a load of robbers with just your bare hands?" George asked in awe the next morning at breakfast.

"Well what can I say." I smirked and cracked my hands to make me appear hench.

"I can't believe it! You're a hero Christie!" Nicki exclaimed.

Okay so I may have stretched the truth just a tiny bit, but they were kids and soaked it all up with no questions asked.

"How many were there?" Katy asked as she ate her cereal.

"Uhh, around 10 I believe." More like 5 but oh well.

"Can you karate? Did you 360 roundhouse any of them? Oh my god did you do that thing where you spin them above your head and then throw them into a wall?" Nicki asked, increasingly leaning over the table as she kept talking.

"Yes I did." I smiled smugly. She sighed in awe and George laughed, he knew I was kidding but it was funny to watch Nicki's reaction.

"Right I gotta go." I looked at my clock phone and saw it was almost half 10, Lucas was meeting me at the library in half an hour. "If I fight any more robbers I'll try to get it on video." I patted Nicki's head as I passed her.

Pulling on my coat and shoes I made my way out the door and towards the library.

"Ah Christie!" Mrs Holland exclaimed as I walked into the library. The building was cold as it wasn't fully furnished with heating yet but already I could tell how stunning it was going to be.

"Hey Mrs Holland." I greeted the elderly lady with a hug. Twinkie yapped at my feet so I picked up the little dog and cradled him in my arms.

"I hear you've been getting yourself into a spot of mischief missus." She sent a disapproving look my way.

"It was them, the ones that burnt the library in the first place." I frowned. I had yet to hear from the police of they had any leads on the suspects.

"They'll get what's coming to them. That's karma's job, not yours." I nodded.

We looked over the design plans which I had been working with in my spare time. The book shelves lined the walls of a big room and there were rows of desks in the middle where people could read and do work. On the other side of the building was a computer room which would be CCTV monitored, shatter proof glass and alarmed.

"I'm also thinking of getting a panic button installed behind the front desk, what do you think?" Mrs Holland asked as she waddled over to where the plain oakwood desk sat.

"Good idea!" I exclaimed.

There was a knock on the glass and I turned around to see Lucas peering in. I smiled and hopped over to the door and opened it for him.

"Hi." I smiled a little breathlessly.

"Hi." He replied with a cute smile. I just stood there looking at him for a few seconds before a voice behind alerted my attention.

"Oh! Mrs Holland, this is my boyfriend Lucas." I introduced the two.

My boyfriend

I was still getting used to that.

"Nice to meet you." Lucas smiled and shook Mrs Holland's hand.

"Gosh if I were your age Christie." The old woman smiled and winked at me. I tried to stifle my giggles.

For the next few hours we set to work on moving furniture. It was mainly Lucas and I and Mrs Holland directed us where to put the stuff.