We All Hide Something. Kai x Reader.

I don't know, I'm bored... it's 3 in the morning as I write this. Sorry for any mistakes in advance.
Enjoy! ^ω^
-
All told in Reader's p.o.v.

It was a warm summer evening. The sun was beginning to set.
I stood on my balcony watching it set with my not too recent new friend, Kai. We really got along when we first met, we just instantly clicked with a simple 'Konnichiwa' (hello).

Kai and I have been friends for almost 8 months now. I usually have trust issues. The reason is after my parents were murdered when I was a young little girl by a man who played the friendly card to earn their trust. They gave him their trust and gave him a spare key to our house for some reason, I was too young to understand it.
That night, he murdered them and tried to kidnap me.
So, it usually takes me about a year and a half,-maybe two years?- to put my trust in a new friend; even though I don't have very many friends; but with Kai, I had no problem trusting him. I put my trust in him after knowing him for only 3 months.
So, yeah, I just really got along with him or something.

"The sky's really beautiful when the sun sets, am I right?"
Kai said turning to me with his wonderful smile, something that I really liked about him, he's always smiling, always happy. Something I wish I could feel.
"Yeah.. it is." I reply quietly with a small smile. I turned my gaze back to the sunset and admire its beauty.
While I was busy admiring the sunset, I didn't realize Kai was starring at me with his signature smile. I looked out the corner of my eye and felt my face heat up, something I've never felt.
'Why is my face hot?'
I turned to Kai and say, "Is everything alright, Kai?"
He giggled and poked my cheek, making my face feel hotter.
'Am I alright???'
"You're so cute! Especially when you blush!" Kai said letting out a laugh. I turn away to cover my cheeks with my hands.
'Blush? I'm blushing??? Me?'
I question myself in my head.
I suddenly felt a hand softly rest on my shoulder, I glance back and see Kai softly smiling at me.

"Don't be embarrassed or shy, it's normal to blush. Besides, I said you looked cute!" Kai turned me around and gently removed my hands from my face. There was something in his eye's I could see. I saw an emotion in them, one I've never seen since... Since a longtime ago.
"I know you told me about everything and.. well..." Kai began as he took my hands in his. His gentle touch sent fuzzy feeling in me, this feeling was familiar.
"It must be hard for you to feel certain emotions. Emotions that everyone should feel."
'Emotions in can't feel...'
"But, I want to tell you something,"
'I can't feel happiness...'
"I want you to tell me how it makes you feel, okay?"
"Okay."
'I can't feel love...'
Kai took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes.

"(y/n), we've.. been friends for quite some time. And, well, I've become very fond of you..."
'What's this feeling inside me?'
I started feeling something unfamiliar yet, familiar.
"This past month, I started to feel... in love with you."
'Love? In love? With me?'
I widen my eye's a little and felt my heart start to pound.
Kai cupped my face in his hands, making me blush.
"(y/n), I love you. And I hope you know what love feels like."
"... Kai.... Kai, I..."
I went speechless. What I wanted to say, I couldn't get it from my head to my mouth.
'I love you too, Kai.'

Kai kept looking me in the eye's and still cupped my face in his soft gentle hands, waiting for my response.
"It's okay if you don't... Don't feel the same way. I understand."
He said considerately.
"You've been through so much, and... it's not easy for you. But could you at least tell me what you feel about me telling you how I feel about you?"
'I love you, Kai... I really do.'
I... I know what to say.
"Kai," I began, gently cupping his face, making him blush.
"I love you too." I finally say with a real smile.
Kai smiled back and ran a thumb across my lips before slowly leaning in for a kiss.
I felt my face heat up again.

"I love you, (y/n)." Kai whispered as he hugged me after the sweet and gentle kiss.
"I love you too, Kai." I whisper as I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

-
4 in the morning now. Took me an honor just to write this short thing. Annnywaaaay... I hope you liked it.
Kai: *talks in sleepy tone* hi, do a favor for me and author-chan, please vote and comment.
Awww, did Reita tell you to say my lines?
Kai: no... *walks away*
Where are you going?
Kai: going to cuddle up next to reader-chan because I'm cold.
But Kai-!
Kai: *cuddles up next to reader-chan*
Awww! Look how cute!

Bye-bye! (For now) (≧ω≦)