Loss Of Feelings. Ruki x Reader

-
How do you get over a relationship break up and a friendship break up?
Having both is a fluffing stabbing pain in the heart.
-

You walked down the silent pavement of the busy streets of Tokyo.
Your surroundings were loud as any big city, but your entire world was silent. You didn't hear anything, you didn't pay attention to anything, you only felt.

And what you felt was pain.

"I was truly happy..."
You spoke softly in your mind.
"But, I am, because we can still hold on to each other as friends, right? He said we can be friends..."
Your mind was now in your deepest thoughts. The thoughts you didn't want to think of.

"If only-"
You were quickly snapped out of your thoughts as your shoulder collided with someone else's.
You looked up at the person and quickly felt the pain.
"(Y/N)..."
"Ruki..."
You stood before the person you once loved; no, the person you love. As a friend now.

"What do you want?"
Ruki asked flatly, making you bite your lip. You reached into your bag and pulled a small gift bag of treats.
"I want you to have this." You said holding the bag out to Ruki.
He looked at the bag and gave a somewhat sympathetic smile.
"I can't take it." He said. You were now confused.
"I'm just being friendly." You spoke softly with a hint of sadness rolling off your tongue.
Ruki nodded in disagreement with a smile at the ground then looked you in the eyes.
"I can't."
"Why?"
"Why are giving me gifts all of a sudden?"
You didn't know how to respond because you had already said what would answer that question, you were being friendly.

Your arm dropped down to your side and looked down at the bag, already feeling the pain.

"Why don't you give it to a friend?"

And there it was. The feeling of true pain.

You went silent, you went numb, you went cold. The only person you truly loved as a boyfriend and as a friend, is no longer any of those.

"I just, I was being friendly."
Ruki looked at you with your head down and sighed. He looked at the time on his phone then began to walk away without saying a word.

You faced the great blue sky above you and felt a cold stream down your face.
"It's all over now..."
You thought.

"I believed you when you said you just want to be friends. Why did I?"

Not only did you lose your boyfriend, but you lost your friend.

-
This similarly happened to me today and ruined my whole fluffing weekend. I haven't cried over him like this in awhile

Anyway, a happy one shot will be next! Yay!
-