Undercover

"Pan, is there something you're not telling me?" I asked as he devoured his sandwich at the diner. Instead of answering he sent me a quick glare before focusing back on his food. I frowned and found myself playing with my fingers.

Pan has been pretty distant since what happened with Evan yesterday. To make matters worse, rumor has it that the evil Maleficent has returned. Apparently theres some bad blood between her and Regina. She trapped Maleficent underground for years. Now she's back and it'd be hard to believe she wasn't out for revenge. Which is why she has gone undercover to see what's going on with our new arrivals.

"Evan escaped,"Pan said suddenly. At this point he had my full attention.

"What,"I asked hearing myself sound fully surprised. "What do you mean he escaped?"

"I went to the station earlier. The cell was empty," He said,"I didn't want to tell you earlier because-"

"Of what he said?"I asked,"about him fighting for me."

His stern gaze burned right through me"While you were gone he had mentioned a thing or two about you. How you have a sister and how your destined for greater things. He started talking about how he is fighting to have you killed before you kill us all. He's trying to earn your trust first." He was silent. It was almost as if the words he spoke hurt him. They hurt me. I could never kill the people I loved, could I? I mean you had to be under some kind of dark influence to even consider that. Then again, I was born to love and evil. My mother.

"Nothing is going to happen,"I said,"I would never do such a dark thing. Evan thinks he has me all figured out," He does,"But he doesn't. He may have known me longer, but he knows nothing of where I come from."

"Do you,"He asked,"know where you come from?"

Sometime the lies we say are the ones that protect the people we love.

"No,"I answered.

He looked me in the eyes. A pain of fear built up inside me as I began to think he saw through my lies. Instead, he smiled. But it wasn't an ordinary smile. It was one full of secrets and adventures. The one that brought me back to the Neverland days. Where there were no rules and death at every turn. "We should go,"He said,"search for Evan. I mean if he did escape he's out there."

I nodded,"yeah, lets's go. He couldn't have gotten that far."

We went off in search for Evan. We told David to keep his eyes open for any signs of him. We search mostly all over town especially in the woods where it was most likely to find him. There were no traces of him. It was like he vanished, like he didn't even exist. The personal records we had on him in the station were also gone. Even from the computer which was secured with a password. But it had only been a day. How could someone possibly be written out of everything? Erased so simply?

"Something's not right,"I said turning to face him. He had the same look on his face as I did on mine. Shock and worry.

"I think I have an idea of who could have done this,"Pan said.

"The trio?"

His eyes said yes. I stared at him and his tall figure. The way his jaw clenched when his eyes were full of questions and mystery.

"Maybe he wants us to find him and thought to grab our attention by making himself vanish," I said.

"Or maybe,"Said Pan,"Evan knew exactly where the author was or how to find him and had to be dispersed of quickly." Made more sense that the author didn't want to be found.

"We should go,"he spoke up, I just got told by your weird magic box thing thing that we should meet up with everyone in the library,"He said shoving his phone away. I wanted to laugh at him and his lack of knowledge on our world. I still had so much to teach him.