cuddles ~Mithross~

I wanted to write a one shot called cuddles so I had to change the other one.

Cuddles, what a beautiful intimate thing shared between lovers. Or in this case best friends. This tradition started two years ago after Max had a bad day so Ross decided to comfort him in the only way he knew how, with his cuddles. Ever since they both found excuses to cuddle and today was no exception to this fact as Ross had been craving the gentle squeeze max gave him after wrapping his arms around the younger boy. The thought made Ross blush slightly as ever since the cuddles started as did his feelings for Max. As they could not cuddle at work he knew he'd have to wait until they left which typically was 8pm. Max himself was wanting cuddles from a certain brown hair boy. The very same boy that made his heart melt like butter and legs feel weak just by his mere presence. The tall ginger had not anticipated to fall for the man but had after a couple of cuddles from him. Thinking of their cuddles made both men happy knowing all they had to do was make a lame excuse and leap into each other's arms. Neither knew of the others reciprocated feelings and neither planned to tell the other until they couldn't stand not being able to cuddle at work.

Ross hit his head lightly against his desk in annoyance at the lack of cuddles he had had that day. Max was doing a similar thing but against the wall of the kitchen. Emily had walked in and witnessed the agitated max but decided against disturbing him as she knew the chances of him snapping at her were over half. 'Fuck it!' Max had cursed before leaving the kitchen storming up to Ross' office and swinging his door open not caring if his recording light had been on. Ross jumped in surprise and swung his head round to see Max standing with his arms outstretched. Knowing Max wanted cuddles he stood up pulling max to where the set with the sofas was and pushed max onto the sofa who laid down. Max once again opened his arms and Ross crawled into the familiar welcoming arms of Max, who gave Ross the small squeeze Ross had been craving. Ross inhaled the addicting scent of Max and snuggled closer to the man. Max felt himself become free of stress as all that was on his mind was Ross, the most perfect man in the word to Max. That's all that mattered really.

"Hey Ma-" Adam had cut himself off as he turned the two cuddled up on the couch. "What's happening here?" He asked curiously. "Cuddling." Ross spoke plainly not wanting to explain the whole situation. "Are you two dating then?" Both fell their faces heat up so Ross nuzzled his face into the crook of Max's neck as Max mentally cursed as he had no way to cover his face. "N-No! Just cuddle buddy's? Yeah cuddle buddy's." Max had settled on that phrase as Ross felt his heart break slightly as he realised that's all they were, and all they'd be. "Course, that's why you're blushing." Adam replied snickering to himself as he watched his ship begin to leave the docks. Ross blushed harder and cleaned away from Max to get a glimpse of the man who was indeed blushing. Ross felt Max's heart beat faster making his own flutter. "I'm not blushing its really hot here." Max defended himself trying to disguise his pretty obvious crush from the basically oblivious Ross who didn't take Max's change in mood as anything else but coincidence. Adam snorted hot my ass! He thought to himself, shaking his head as he left the two clearly lovestruck men wanting to give them space to admit the obvious feelings they both shared.

After Adam left the two resumed with their peaceful cuddling simply enjoying the others company seemingly forgetting the previous embarrassing events. Key word 'seemingly'. Both were unable to forget for different reasons. Max for the fact that his crush was almost revealed and Ross for the reason he felt his heart be crushed by Max's words that felt like a ton of bricks inside him. Neither were aware of the others emotions as Ross began to feel the urge to cry but held it back thinking he would be thought of as more weak than he already was. He felt his body tremble slightly and hoped that max had not breath. Unfortunately for Ross max had and pulled Ross as close as humanly possible before squeezing him tightly. Max for a second lost the difference between his thoughts and reality and instead of imagining what it would be like to kiss Ross' head he actually did kiss the male softly on the head. Once he pulled away he realised what he had done and muttered out a small 'shit' under his breath. All was silent again as Ross thought about what had just happened. "Did you just kiss me on top of head?" Ross was bewildered, he had no clue what to think of what had happened.

Max felt the world slow down as he tried to think of what to say to his best friend and long-term crush. After a few moments of silence Max had just decided to be honest. "Yes." He uttered out barely above a whisper. Max felt really panicked about what Ross' reaction. Ross chuckled quietly feeling happier now that it had happened. "Oh OK. Why though?" Ross had questioned. "Oh uhm...well...you see...I like maybe kind of like you." Max let out in one breath. Max loosened his grip for Ross to escape if he wanted. "Maybe kind of? Not very decisive are you?" Ross chuckled. "And don't you dare loosen your grip around me I was comfy." This made max tighten his grip again. "So you don't hate me?" Max was beyond confused as he thought he did not reciprocate those feelings. "Quite the opposite my dear maxy." Ross had pulled away slightly looking in the eyes of Max. "Wait you mean?-" "yes Max, I love you." Ross, for once, was confident as his eyes flicker between Max's eyes and his lips. "Kiss me." Max spoke noticing Ross wondering eyes. Without any other words he presses his lips to Max's, this was a kiss both had been craving for two years. A kiss neither wanted to end, ever.