Comfort ~Redney~

Today has been crap to say the least. I had to redo a lot of the recordings I had done today as I was not up to James's standards of happiness in them. Since the second I woke up I felt terrible. My eyes were heavy and a frown would not leave my face.  My ears began to pick up quiet pitter patters from outside causing me to smile brightly. "Rain!" I exclaim as the sounds of water hitting the earth increased dramatically. Standing from my bed I rush to my wardrobe and pull out a jacket and some shoes. After putting them both on I go into the living room and out the balcony doors. I grab ahold of the roof above the balcony and pull myself up, sitting on the sturdy slabs. My legs hang over the side, feet just visible to those who were inside. A small serene sigh falls from my mouth as a smile finds its way onto my lips. The rain always soothed me, it was a guilty pleasure of some sort. Unfortunately it being August there wasn't much rain so when it did rain I enjoyed it that little bit more. "Red?" I heard Barney's voice from beneath me. "Hey Barney!" I cheer gleefully. Barney steps outside and pulls his hood up. Barney walks far enough away so he can see me. "What the hell are you doing!?" He exclaims confused. "Enjoying the rain! Come here and enjoy it with me!" I tap the spot next to me as I scoot over enough so he could fit next to me. Barney looked at me sceptically before grabbing the roof and pulling himself up successfully. "I thought you were feeling a bit low today." Barney spoke as I took ahold of one of his hands, playing with his fingers. "I was but there's something about the rain that just comforts me. In a similar way to how you comfort me." I mutter, leaning my head onto his shoulder. Barney chuckles and leans his head atop of mine. "There is something nice about the rain." He admits, interlocking our hands. "I love you Barney." I whisper starring up at the sky. "I love you too baby." Barney kisses the top of my head before looking at the sky with me as the rain fell.

I could have turned this into a longer one but I like it how it is.