Chapter 15- May I Just Point Out, To Be a **** Buddy, You Need to Actually ****

I've included some Spanish in this chapter because Rowan's mum is Latina- so if you spot any mistakes please let me know!

--

What was the first thought that ran through my head, you may be wondering, when I awoke the next morning? Well, to tone it down a little, it went something like I fucked up.

Seriously, I woke up and instantly pain was squeezing my brain. Not only that, but memories of the night came flooding back and made me feel nauseous. What would have happened if Carter didn't stop? I was such an idiot! Clearly gentle kisses weren't enough for me, were they? Considering I went back for more with a hunger. I wasn't even the kind of girl to do that, so I just blamed it on the alcohol. After all, Carter was the one to get me drunk.

A strong smell of bacon brought me out of my thoughts, and I slowly sat up against Rowan's bed's headboard, clutching the black, plush faux leather to pull myself up. I looked over to my left, and Rowan was stirring in her sleep, and just when I was about to wake her up, her mum came bundling into the bedroom.

"Hola, mi preciosa hija y su linda amiga!" She said enthusiastically as she yanked the covers off Rowan. However, she just lay there groaning on her side.

"Well, don't you two look rough." She stated, putting her hand on her hip.

Rowan's mum was Latina and grew up in Spain, but her family moved here when she was sixteen. That's how she met Rowan's father, Dave- meaning Rowan grew up in an English culture. However, although Rowan was fluent in Spanish, her mum preferred to speak in English, although her accent still laced her speech.

"Mamá," Rowan complained into her pillow, "my head is pounding."

My head was leaning against the headboard and my eyes were closed, so I just made a peace sign with my fingers in agreement. However, Rowan sat up grudgingly, then shook my arm to wake me.

Rowan's mum just tutted at us. "Clean yourselves up, and in ten minutes time come downstairs for some aspirin and breakfast." She walked out and then popped her head back in. "Oh, and I'm making bacon and pancakes, both of your favourites!"

I turned to Rowan, a smile on my face. "Your mum is awesome, my mum would've killed me!"

She laughed, then rubbed her temples. "Okay, ow. And also, it's because my mum was a wild one at our age."

"And still is!" Dave shouted as he walked past the doorway and down the hall.

"Oh my god, shut up dad!" Rowan yelled then clutched her mouth. "I think I'm gonna-" and then she darted for her bathroom.

If I'm honest, I wasn't exactly feeling exactly the best either, but I had to wait for Rowan to finish her business before I could empty my own stomach, too. Afterwards, we rigorously scrubbed off our makeup (we looked like clowns that had been caught in a rainstorm) and brushed our hair. I threw mine up into a bun, while she pulled her raven locks into a ponytail. Five minutes later, we had brushed our teeth and changed into lounge clothing, then cautiously made our way downstairs.

"My head is still pounding." I moaned as I walked down the beige carpeted stairs, clutching the dark wooden banister like my life depended on it. Rowan was mimicking my actions when she replied, "I think I'm regretting what I did more than how much I drunk."

She hit the nail right on the head.

"Let's talk about that later..." I said as I reached the floor and walked into her kitchen. Rowan's stairs were in the middle of her house, meaning on the right side was the entrance to the kitchen, and on the right there was the entrance to the living room.