Chapter 14- There's No Need to Get a Criminal Record Over a Useless Person

This is Branwen's jumpsuit for the party...it was that or a black dress, but Rowan was wearing a dress so :).

--

"Wow, Bran Flakes, you look hot." Rowan teased me as she stood on my front porch, leaning against the brick wall.

"Pfft!" I waved her off jokingly, "you weren't joking when you said you looked hot in that red dress."

Rowan moved off of the wall and uncrossed her arms, allowing me to see the dress properly considering she had a black leather jacket covering it. It was a bright, rich red, which complimented her tanned complexion perfectly.

"You little bitch," I muttered under my breath, and she laughed.

It took much persuasion on my behalf to convince my mum to let me go to the party. She was worried I wouldn't be able to get a ride home- plus, she never liked me going out at night, anyway. However, after I completely lied and told her there was no drinking involved (of course there was, Carter's status said so) she grudgingly obliged and told me to call her when I got back to Rowan's.

However, the main reason I think my mum let me go was because she trusted me when I was with Rowan, as she knew I wouldn't be left alone by her. Which was why Rowan and I decided it would probably be better if I stayed the night at hers afterward, considering my house was always noisy and I would most likely be hungover...Yep, not a good combination.

Also, Rowan had on gold, sparkling heels to finish off her outfit, and of course a matching gold clutch. On the other hand, I was wearing a black jumpsuit with cut outs on the side of my legs and the middle of my chest, with black, suede platform heels with a thin strap around my ankle. Since it was a party and I liked to dress to impress at events, I had straightened my long, curly blonde locks, so now my hair was tickling my back just above my hips. Rowan had curled her long, Raven hair into waves, and looked amazing with all her makeup. I too had makeup on, and I must admit I actually thought I looked great!

I waved goodbye to my mum, then walked out onto the street with Rowan. She wasn't driving because we were both going to be drinking, so I presumed she had called a taxi. However, I was wrong.

"So, Bran, how are we going to get there exactly?" She asked me seriously.

Shit!

"I thought you called a taxi?" I replied in shock.

She shook her head. "Nope, I thought you did! Well, looks like we are walking then." On that note, she spun on her heel and started dragging me with her.

"Are you crazy?! I am not walking to the other side of the city at this time! By the time we get there, the party will be over."

Rowan stopped walking and turned to me. "Good point. I'll phone a taxi now."

"Hallelujah!" I cried, then added, "you don't even know where he lives anyway."

She tilted her head to the side as she pressed her mobile to her ear. "Yes, that's another good point." She pointed at me with a free finger. I laughed.

--

We stepped out of the taxi from under a lamppost, and made our way to Carter's house- me leading the way. You could already hear the house music blaring from a mile away! The taxi had to park on another street, as Carter's one was packed with cars and people partying, and the air reeked of alcohol.

"Um, Branwen, I'm drunk already from smelling this! Let's go now." Rowan joked, making me laugh.

"The fun's just about to begin! Let's go!" I pulled her with me as I walked hurriedly onto Carter's street around the bend, then wound us through the crowds.