Chapter 16- Such a Pleasant Surprise to See You Lip Locking With a Wh*re

The next few weeks I didn't see Carter much as he had to vigorously train for the end of year athletics competition. Even though I missed spending time with him, I occupied myself with an abundance of studying and with my new job at Susie's Smoothies! Believe me, I was beyond ecstatic when they offered me the job- I loved the place so much! However, even though I was only a barista, sometimes the owner Susie left me in charge if she wasn't there. We were quite close, considering the shop was basically my religion based on how frequently I went there. But still, I was just happy I had a job that I loved and kept me busy.

My school has just finished for the mid-October week break, and as Rowan and I were walking out of the school gates we saw something so shocking, my mouth literally dropped.

"Oh my god," I said aloud, "are you seeing what I'm seeing?" I asked Rowan, smacking her arm and looking at her, dumbfounded.

She drew her eyebrows together and made a sarcastic hand gesture. "Am I blind? Of course I can see it, but I wish I couldn't!"

Right outside the school gates was no other than Leslie Morgenson, who was currently lip locking with River Burrow. Yes, River Burrow, the guy who had just last month lectured me on being with a guy from our rival school.

"What a hypocrite!" I gasped to Rowan. "I can't believe this, I got patronised so much about Carter and now he is standing right in front of our school groping and snogging Leslie? What the fuck!"

She hooked her arm in mine. "Well B, let's go talk to him about it." And with that, she dragged me towards the pair against my own will.

"River, such a pleasant surprise to see you standing here, in front of the school, lip locking with a whore." Rowan said sweetly.

Oh my god, I thought, did she seriously just say that?! That girl's got a death sentence!

River abruptly pushed Leslie away, who looked butt hurt to say the least. "Whore? Really Rowan? I'm just doing what little sweet Branwen has been doing with that dirt bag Carter."

My mouth formed a great big O. "Excuse me?!"

River smirked at me. "Ah come on, Branwen, everyone knows you were throwing yourself at him at that party he had, there's even a tape to prove it!"

I turned to Rowan, an anxious look on my face. She glanced at me with concern before hardening her expression and turning to River.

"What tape?" She asked pointedly, then Leslie slipped her arm around River's waist and smiled to us.

"Oh, have you not seen it, sweetie?" She blatantly directed to me. "My friends and I taped you getting freaky with Carter on the dance floor. It should have gone around the whole school by now, if not town."

I turned bright red, completely embarrassed. Why did I get so drunk that night?! However, Rowan looked amused.

"Cut the bullshit, Les, there is no tape. We don't care who you mess with, just so long as it isn't us. Just leave us out of your bitch game, we aren't your toys to play with." She sweetly said to Leslie.

"Well, you should have thought about that before Branwen here went after my man!" She screeched as she pointed a long finger at me.

River now looked confused as he turned to Leslie. "Why should Carter matter? You're with me now, babe."

She looked at him, plastering a fake smile on her face. "Of course I am, baby! I'm just warning Branwen to stay away from the Carmichael students, she'll mess everything up."