Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next morning, I awoke to the same pair of brown eyes that belonged to my loving husband. A large smile crept onto his face as my eyes connected with his. I felt his arm wrap around my waist, pulling me close. The smile on my face became larger as he came closer and closer, my heart beating faster the closer he got. The overwhelming urge to close the space between us filled me, causing me to crash my lips onto his.

I felt the same intoxicating feeling I always did as our lips moved in sync. He rolled us over so that he was on top of me, our lips never parting. We continued to kiss until I rolled us over again, ending up on top. Our lips separated as I looked down at his face, smirking.

I leaned down and kissed his neck, occasionally sucking at his warm tender skin. I pulled back when I heard a few low moans from him.

"The things you do to me woman," he said, rolling us over again.

He left a trail of goose bumps as he kissed from my neck until he reached the top of my bosom. He slowly tugged at my shirt until I pulled it over my head, wrapping my arms around his neck, connecting our lips again.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~

The alarm clock on our side table sounded, causing Alex to pull his head away from where it was, laying on top of mine. We both groaned as we forced our unclothed bodies from the bed after I had turned off the clock. I then walked to the dresser, picked up my robe from the top drawer and put it on as Alex made his way into the bathroom.

"I'll make breakfast," I said, leaning my head into the bathroom. He poked his head out and pecked my lips.

"Okay."

I jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen, walking straight to the fridge. I opened the metallic door and pulled out the carton of eggs and milk. I had prepared French toast, coffee and cut up some fruits by the time Alex came down.

He walked towards me, wearing a short sleeved purple plaid shirt and dark jeans, kissing me from across the island in the middle of the kitchen. When our lips separated, he leaned his forehead on mine and looked at me with a smile. "I love you Victoria." I smiled, leaning in to kiss him again.

"I love you too Alex," I said when we parted.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~

After breakfast, I walked upstairs and took a quick shower. I then changed into a pair of jeans, a ruffled red top and a white blazer with sleeves that went slightly past my elbows. I then picked up a pair of black flats and my small black bag, stepping out of the bedroom.

"Ready babe?" I asked Alex, plopping myself into the couch beside him. He threw his arms around my shoulders and pulled me towards his body.

"I'm always ready to do anything with you," he replied, wriggling his eyebrows suggestively. I playfully slapped his chest.

"We're meeting your brother and his girl today. Remember?" I asked. His face contorted, feigning mock disappointment for a few seconds before he composed himself and smiled, pecking my lips.

"Okay, I think I'm ready to go now," he said as he got up from the couch. I followed his action and put on my flats. We walked out the front door and he walked to the car while I locked the door.

Inside his black Mazda 3, music blared out of the speakers as Alex tapped his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat. "Ready to go?" He asked, smiling at me while I buckled my seatbelt. I nodded my head, taking out my cell phone to check my messages.

As he pulled out of the driveway, my phone buzzed in my palm, indicating a text. I opened it immediately:

Hey. You guys on your way? We're waiting for you inside.