Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Thank you for everything," I said to Ashley as I left her house the next morning.

"Don't mention it Victoria," she replied, pulling me into a gentle hug, "take care."

As I pulled away, she smiled in a way which made it look like she was hiding something. But I ignored it as I waved at her, walking towards my car.

When I got in, I didn't know what to do. Do I return to the house that I shared with Alex or my parents house? My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to see it was my dad calling.

"Hey Dad," I replied, pulling down the mirror compartment to examine my face. My hair was in a huge mess on top of my head and my eyes looked red and puffy from the tears. I slowly ran my fingers through my hair in a attempt to tame the wild beast but it was useless.

"Did you hear me Victoria?" the sound of my dad's voice broke my concentration on my hair.

"Oh I'm so sorry Dad. What were you saying?" I replied, now paying attention.

"Your mom and I agreed that you should come stay with us for a while" there was a pause before he continued "considering what happened yesterday."

My eyes stung slightly as tears started to pool around them. The pain in my heart returned before a question popped into my head. Was our relationship over?

I shook my head before nodding my head. Realizing that he could not see me, I replied and we said our goodbyes before I pulled out of Ashley's driveway towards my parent's home.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~

"Welcome home sweetie," my mom said, pulling me into a warm hug.

"Hi Mom," I replied when we separated from the hug.

She smiled slightly as we entered the house, the familiar warmth of my childhood home surrounding me with a hug of its own. We both went into the living room where my dad was busy watching a documentary which happened to be about a war. I never understood how anyone could watch those.

"Hey Dad." He stood up upon hearing my voice and hugged me, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

The day went by slowly as I helped my mom organize a few things around the house as well as prepare dinner. When we finished, I walked into my old room where my mom had placed the clothes she was able to get from my house. Feeling my feet start to ache from moving all day, I decided to take a shower.

We'll be there in 5.

That was the text I had received from Ashley when I returned from my shower─it was the most vague message I had ever received. As I unlocked the screen, I saw another message come up, causing the phone to vibrate in my palm.

We're here. Your mom is letting us in now.

Who was we? I thought to myself, as I scrambled to find a pair of shorts, a tank top and an oversized hoodie. Within moments of dressing, I heard a knock on my door.

"We're coming in!" A female's voice said on the other side. That voice sounded oddly familiar but it couldn't possibly be who I thought it was. How could she be here when she was supposed to be training somewhere in Europe for her dream job?

My jaw dropped as the door swung open to reveal her standing in my doorframe.

Fae.

"What are you doing here?" I practically screamed as I engulfed her in a hug. She hugged me back as tighty as I did the same to her before we pulled apart. I looked her up and down. She was wearing a gorgeous strapless dress with a glittery silver top and a white skirt and a black belt in the middle along with black heels.

"You look amazing Fae. What have you been eating?" I asked, as I motioned for her to turn around─which she happily did.

"Don't remind me of my old face stuffing days," she said, folding her arms across her chest. She then walked over to my bed and sat down before Ashley appeared in my room. She was wearing a red dress which perfectly hugged her body with a jeweled neckline accompanied by matching red heels.

"How are you holding up?" She asked, after hugging me tightly.

"I heard someone's been having a bad day," Fae said before I could reply. I turned around to face her while Ashley sat down beside her.

"Yeah, but I'm doing better now. I think I'll─" before I could finish my sentence, tears started to spill onto my cheeks. They both looked taken aback before Fae jumped up and engulfed me in a hug.

We stayed like that for a little while before she pulled away and smiled.

"I know exactly how to cheer you up," she said, wiping away a tear with her thumb, "we're going out."

"What?" I asked with a blank expression.

"You didn't think we came here dressed like this just for you, did you?" she asked with an eyebrow arched.

I looked at Ashley and she shrugged. "It was her idea," she said, pointing at Fae.

"Go find your nicest dress girl, 'cause we're gonna have fun tonight," she said, jumping back onto my bed.

I didn't want to go anywhere because I was not in the mood for stepping out for a while after what had happened. But maybe this could be exactly what I needed to take my mind off of things. I agreed and asked them to get out while I prepared myself. After countless arguments they finally left me alone to get dressed.

I picked out a short purple dress with a single sparkly silver strap that I had bought a few months ago but never wore, before applying my makeup and grabbing a pair of silver heels and a black clutch.

When I walked down, they both looked at me and smirked. I then began to think maybe this wasn't such a great idea. But before I could back out of it, they grabbed onto my wrists and pulled me through the door after yelling "Goodbye Mr. and Mrs. Price." I faintly heard the sound of my parents replying before I was dragged outside.

~~♡~~♡~~♡~~ 

On the way to our destination, Fae described to us her experience in Europe. When asked, she wouldn't tell where exactly she had been which made me slightly suspicious.

The muffled sound of music could be heard as Ashley turned at a curb. The sight of a neon sign made my heart drop; we were going to a club.

"I thought we were going for dinner," I interrupted Fae as she began another story. She turned around and smiled sweetly.

"What's wrong with this?" she asked, a blank expression appearing on her face.

"You know I don't drink," I replied. I had never touched a bottle of alcohol in my life and I intended to stay that way.

"You don't have to drink," she said, putting emphasis on the word 'have' as if to make her decision to come her not as bad as it seemed.

Ashley looked at me with a tight smile and I sighed, slumping into the backseat. I felt my phone vibrate on my lap and picked it up, squinting at the bright screen as I unlocked it. I then opened my text message inbox to find it overflowing with messages from Alex.

Babe, it really wasn't what it looked like.

You have to let me explain.

I love you. And that hasn't changed.

Babe, just give me a chance to explain.

Every message was a plea for forgiveness. My eyes stung slightly as I used all my willpower to keep the tears in. Seeing his messages reminded me of how I felt this morning and that made going to the club sound like a better idea now. Alex had cheated on me and now it was time for me to move on and forget about him. Maybe I could find a cute guy at the club to get close to, I thought to myself, a small smile appearing on my red lips.

"Someone looks happier," Fae said, turning around to face me from the passenger seat at the front.

"Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea afterall," I replied, grinning at her. She smirked before turning back around to fix her makeup as Ashley parked the car.

We walked to the entrance of the clu