Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Dedicated to cantosk8 for adding this story to her reading list! I hope you'll enjoy it when you start reading :)

A/N:

Thank you very much for checking out chapter 23! I hope you enjoyed Mike's point of view in the last chapter. I hope that it was interesting to see how he's feeling about everything that's going on and about what he's planning to do. Now, we're back to Victoria's point of view so I hope you'll enjoy!

Happy Reading,

candysweet101

*******************************************************************************************************************

"I want you,"  I told Alex.

He looked at me as if he wasn't expecting to hear that. But it was the truth; I knew in that moment that there was no one else I'd rather spend the rest of my life with but him.

It had to be him.

I looked at him expectedly, hoping that he would smile or say that he wanted the same.

I waited and waited.

Suddenly, a small smile appeared on his lips, causing me to smile as well as I took this as a good sign. But before I could say anything, his smile disappeared, almost as if it was never there, before he left.

I lay in my bed, thinking of what had happened between Alex and me. I had finally came to the decision that he was the one that I wanted to be with; he was the one I needed to be with.

But as I had told him that, I couldn't help but to feel slightly guilty for rejecting Mike.

He was a great guy, but I didn't feel like he was for me. Although I tried to deny it, I did enjoy the few moments we shared. But that enjoyment was temporary, not long term like it was with Alex.

I rolled over as my thoughts came to an end, looking up at my alarm clock to find that it was time for me to get up and get ready for work. Heaving a big sigh, I willed myself to get out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready.

I walked downstairs when I finished, to find a note from my parents.

"We have an early morning today so we'll see you later. There's something in the living room for you, we found it at the door," I read it out loud.

Reading the note reminded me of when I would wake up to find notes from my parents on some days before school. I never thought that I would be doing it again at this age.

I walked to the living room when I remembered the last part of the note. I was surprised to find an evelope with a single rose laying on the center table. In the middle of the card, my name was neatly written, calling me open it.

I slowly picked it up and opened it to find a card.

Don't wanna let this moment slip away

'Cause I have something that I really need to say

And it's killing me inside

I think that maybe you don't understand

How I would give you all that I have and all that I am

Till the end of time

You got me defenseless, intoxicate me senseless

You cut me so deeply, I must confess